Colonoscopy Fun!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'm scheduled, I found out today for my 5 year visit for a colonoscopy. For those who don't know what it entails, it is sticking a probe inside of a flexible tube up your pooper to seek and destroy polyps that may have formed. I had 2 last time, and so they recommended I have another in 5 years. Well, it's been about 6 years.

I hope all goes well, but I asked an interesting question during our class today about the procedure. I asked if the attached camera was a Nikon or Canon. They said a Canon. Ouch! lol

In all seriousness, I hope everyone on here over 50 years old will have one done if they haven't already. It really could save your life. As I said before, I had 2 benign polylps removed over 5 years ago that could have turned into cancer if left there. It's worth the slight uncomfortableness and no pain, but some embarrasment. I just figure the Dr. has seen thousands of a$$holes, so what's one more?

Get 'er done!

Last edited:

TedG954

Great advice Chris! I totally agree.

Picture-16.png

colonoscopy.jpg

pk63015

I had one done earlier this year. On the side of the 1 Gal Colon Cleanse bottle it stated " Do not share this Medication with anyone else"... I could not give this away if I tried. The next day when it was time for the procedure the Dr. asked me to sign a consent form to proceed and asked if I wanted to continue. I told him " Hell Yes !! I did not drink a Gallon of Colon Blow and sit on the Commode for 4 hours last night for Nothing !!

As it turns out they did find 3 Polyps that were benign. So in 5 more years I will do it again !!!

traceyjj

Good luck!

Us women have to put up with all sorts of "medical indignities" throughout our lives. As much as I hate them, I go for the ones I need to go for.

Blade Canyon

Once they inject that Propofol into the IV, you have just enough time to feel your face get warm, then you're gone. That was a strange experience.