Circle B Bar Reserve Meet & Greet - Feb 2017

I was impressed! Nametags and lanyards!

Is this Circle K place stocked for photographers?
Get out of your car and take a picture of an owl...jeesh!

The birds will actually pose with you for photos. But he hit me up for $5 afterwards.

Photo By Gloria Kuykendall

DSC_8472.jpg

canuck257

The weatherman got it wrong AGAIN! The rain quit at lunchtime, the wind dropped and the storms didn't hit until dusk when we were on the way home.

_IVA7817.jpg

_IVA7890.jpg

_IVA7767.jpg

_IVA8025.jpg

_IVA7824.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Great shots Ivan. Chris was impressed with the Belted Kingfisher and asked me when I was going to get a D500.

canuck257

You need to order it now before he thinks to much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the owl shots along side a guy with a new model Cannon and a 500mm f4 prime. He was amazed that I could hand hold at such slow shutter speeds and only needed ISO 1000. Don't prevaricate, get one yesterday:encouragement:

Whiskeyman

And Don's huge lens won't even focus that close. Should have brought a 50mm lens for that trip Don :)

Marcel, there were instances where my 300mm was too much lens and I either had to back up or miss the shot. Of course, there were also instances where my 300mm wasn't enough lens and I just couldn't get closer. The opportunities were abundant.

For the Sandhill Cranes and their colts, you likely could have gotten great shots by placing a camera with a 20mm lens and remote shutter release on the ground and waiting for the birds to get curious about it and get close to it. I wish that I had brought my GoPro and a pocket tripod for that opportunity.

WM

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Great shots everyone.....I kinda pictured Pete with 2 yellow stripes painted down the front and back of his shirt. You know, the Blacktop thing.....can't wait to see more pictures!

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I've only taken a quick pass through my captures and Laurie still has to go through hers. Here are a couple that jumped out.

CircleB_LAD_01.jpg

CircleB_01.jpg

CircleB_LAD_02.jpg

CircleB_02.jpg

CircleB_03.jpg

Been shooting this morning at CBB. And we have seen more birds and gators in a couple of hours than we did on Tuesday and we have sunny blue skies.

TKC_D500

Been shooting this morning at CBB. And we have seen more birds and gators in a couple of hours than we did on Tuesday and we have sunny blue skies.

I believe he's "rubbing it in" for everyone who left already! Lol. I really wanna make it down next year!