cbay's 2015 Journey Along

cbay

The smart plan should be to prepare a seperate image to post up from the raw file , do no sharpening or smoothing until youve cut the size down to what will get shown, then do your sharpening and if all that compression still requires noise reduction do it then.
I think your'e right there. It's hard for me to get motivated enough to make an extra image of lesser quality thus far.
I tried the 1000 long side thing and didn't see enough of a reason to keep doing it. I'll just trust that if someone is interested enough in the image they will click on it and see it without being so compressed.

Stoshowicz

I know what you mean , but youre really taking some nice shots , If you go into the weekly contest thingies its a neccesary pain in the arse. I dont usually bother either, I post my better pix on flickr which can give a much better presentation of your pix IQ , frankly, I often cant tell what the quality of a shot really was on here, if the problems are fixable or if the sharpening was initially too aggressive. Someone like felisek knows how to do it correctly for web presentation , and thats more pro then I will get to.

Stoshowicz

Measuring on my screen , the expanded version of one of your pix is 10.5" the screen is 20" wide , it still getting scrunched a lot, open one of your pix in paint or LR at 100% and youll see just how small that still really is:)

cbay

August 05, 2015untitled-3701.jpg

August 05, 2015untitled-3720.jpg

cbay

Scouted a new location on the lake for sunsets. I really like this spot and it has some interesting stuff to work with.

August 09, 2015untitled-3790-2.jpg

cbay

Haven't been posting much on here lately and will be absent a little more through the fall as hunting season draws near, but i'm not going anywhere. :)

Surprise lillies deserved to be shot
August 13, 2015untitled-4940.jpg

August 13, 2015untitled-4941.jpg

cbay

Something is wrong with my computer settings lately and i've been notified by my internet provider that i'm just about out of bandwidth for the month. Thinking it has something to do with updating to windows 8.1; it's been using more since then. So,,, it looks like i won't be on here much until after the 20th. Maybe then i'll have figured out what processes are running me dry. :)

cbay

Thought i would test my connection after doing some tune up work on my computer. I'm able to get on here and other sites at the same time with ONLY .4 MBPS !!!! Wooohooo!
I'm stuck at .5 or less until the 20th so maybe not picture upload (haven't tried), but can run my local weather radar, stock charts and message boards pretty good. Might try a pic upload in a bit. My thread loaded with pics fine.

cbay

Well it's been over two months since really even being on here. Having two serious hobbies requires one to go idle while the other takes over. It's been a good season thus far and now have a break before heading to the woods again. I am officially tagged out for a couple weeks!!!
Hunting MATURE bucks is not an easy thing, especially with a bow and arrow. Having some property we manage for deer is nice, but i have been mostly hunting public land and enjoying it and the challenge that comes with it. Monday was a good day and a great memory was made!! I thank God every day for the blessings he gives and appreciate the opportunity to enjoy hobbies like hunting and photography. I really planned on filming my own hunts this year and making a nice video documentary of the journey throughout the year. Unfortunately the camera equipment was a little too much extra weight and effort for me right now. I have managed to get some decent b-roll through the year and hope to put something together along with more pics as the season progresses.

November 03, 2015untitled-5155-2.jpg

Dad went with me to do the tracking at night and we had a great time together. It is such a pleasure to have my best friend in life to share these memories with. Truly blessed.
November 03, 2015untitled-5170.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Congratulations Chris on tagging out. Good memories with your dad too. My dad and brothers always enjoyed our time together hunting and camping. So many parallels. Your dog looks almost like mine. Ha!

cbay

Congratulations Chris on tagging out. Good memories with your dad too. My dad and brothers always enjoyed our time together hunting and camping. So many parallels. Your dog looks almost like mine. Ha!
Thanks Grizz! Yes very special memories.