Carguys weekly contributions

carguy

Niece had her first communion this morning.

First shot was a test shot getting my settings right. Had originally setup for flash, but found out that was out. Still had the camera on f8 while I cranked my ISO to get a good setting. This one just popped in Lightroom

Church Decoration by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

1/200, f2.8, ISO 1600

First Communion by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Last edited:

carguy

Had a few hours to kill yesterday,When heading south into downtown Detroit, Michigan, there is a point which an old church and the GM Renaissance Center align. It's tough to find a good vantage point to take a shot.

Here is my attempt.

Full resolution version: Joe Lopez | Portfolio

Last edited:

carguy

Only half of the lights are on during the Spring hockey training season (ends this weekend). Snapped a few before he wraps it up for the summer

carguy

carguy

I'm a bit late. Shot quite a bit these past two weeks, here are some favorites;

I've been learning a bit about Street Photography recently. Had my 35mm film camera out and about one day and ran out of film (the struggle is real :) ). Used my phone for this one.

Mobile Street Photography by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

From the same day with the Hi-Matic F and Tmax 400

Minolta Hi-Matic F by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

One from the last roll through the Minolta XG1 for a while (Kodak Gold 200). I really enjoy the X-700 much better

Minolta XG1 by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

D7100 & 35mm 1.8G
B&W conversion in LR

Woodward Avenue by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Sandy volleyball in the middle of Downtown Detroit

D7100 / 35mm 1.8G

Campus Martius Park by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

carguy

Paid a visit to the Pontiac Silverdome this weekend. Former home of the Detroit Lions and Pistons.

I was there in the 70s for the open house when it was first built, attended countless Lions & Pistons games, monster truck shows and concerts. Home of Superbowl XVi.

Fast forward to 2015. Long abandoned and no longer protected by the inflated dome, it sits in decay. Suburban Blight is real.

Pontiac Silverdome Suburban Blight by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

The field turf is in rolls in the parking lot

A few more: https://flic.kr/s/aHskejBgj3