Camera Strap

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Googe finds that it was Black Rapid that suffered the connector failures. :) Kidding, I don't care what anyone uses, but for me, I do like the Op/Tech, including the connectors. They hold, absolutely no issue, yet are convenient, and very comfortable on long hauls. I remove the wide neck part for tripod uses and around the house, to shorten it out of the way. You can reconnect the two short ends together, and it makes a handy hand carrying strap. Holding the camera, you can put your wrist through it in case you drop something. Plus I replaced the Think Tank bag straps with Op/Tech too, a lot more comfortable, and slips less.

I also use Optech with my L camera bracket. It secures it nicely and the strap is also comfortable.

Chris3000

Hmm, lots of possibilities! I`m not planning to use it on my tripod mount tho (don`t have an L bracket either) just fastened on the sides for now, but looks like the straps can be used in several ways! good to know, as the websites don`t show much other than the tripod mount.

Thanks for taking your time, much appreciated! :D

Patrick M

I also bought the BR Sports strap with tether. Very pleased with it. Nikon affirmed the quality too, I'm pleased to say:

qe9u7yte.jpg

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/04/28/the-new-nikon-quick-draw-strap-is-now-shipping.aspx/#more-75840

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

traunphoto

I use both CarrySpeed and BlackRapid. No matter what I use, I incorporate an additional safety strap like the OP/TECH Uni Adaptor Loop. There are several possible points of failure on these straps.

I've really enjoyed the plate that is used with CarrySpeed straps; it is easy to attached the strap and a tripod foot. BlackRapid recently came around to this notion, but with a slightly different approach.

The Perfect Camera Strap | Dan Traun Photography

Dave_W

The Dude
While I'm sure there are better straps, I really like my UpSrap. Mostly because it'll sit on your shoulder and not slide around at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

01301johnny

I use a Tamrac that has plastic releases on the ends so I can get the strap off for studio/tripod use etc.

Has served me well.

One strap must be 10 + years old.

wtlwdwgn

The best neck strap I have is the free one I got from SmugMug. It is by far and away the most comfortable I've ever used.