Camera Strap

gqtuazon

Gear Head
How comfortable is it with that setup?

Pretty comfortable Rick. I like this set-up as well as my other optech strap. I'll design a strap with velcro to see if I can just link them both to make them dual straps.

CarryspeedFS-PRO.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RON_RIP

I am quite pleased with my Black Rapid. Best strap I have ever owned. Also just sent for Cotton Carrier hand strap because sometimes I would rather not have a large strap on the camera.

RON_RIP

Like the cotton carrier hand strap because you can still use your tripod with it but I think the is not good to use with heavier lenses as it can cause your hand to cramp on a long walk. Be fine for the 35 or 50 lenses.

Chris3000

How do guys like em? I was thinking about buying one but not sure due to the quick release(the plastic parts that connect the strap to the shoulder pad)), kinda afraid I will release it by accident :confused: but haven`t tried one yet.

Jonathan

I'm a Black Rapid kinda guy, but attached to the camera strap place rather than the tripod place (thanks to advice on here).

vindex1963

How do guys like em? I was thinking about buying one but not sure due to the quick release(the plastic parts that connect the strap to the shoulder pad)), kinda afraid I will release it by accident :confused: but haven`t tried one yet.

Three cameras two gripped one with a 70-200 f/2.8 and not one accidental release. I don't ever use the quick release anyway.

WayneF

If you mean the Op/Tech, there is no problem at all. Very handy, and very comfortable.

JohnFrench

I carry a D7100 with a Nikon 18-300 (heavy) on an Op/Tek, I worry about the plastic clips as well, and the neoprene makes my neck sweat in the summer to the point of saturation, so I leave it trailing out of the zipped camera bag to dry when I am out and about. I supposed the plastic clips could be zip-tied to take of accidental opening, only leaving breakage or stitching failure to worry about. I have enough to worry about, so I trust the way it is made, and check it often. LOL

Chris3000

Three cameras two gripped one with a 70-200 f/2.8 and not one accidental release. I don't ever use the quick release anyway.

Thats the thing, I don`t need or want the quick release

I carry a D7100 with a Nikon 18-300 (heavy) on an Op/Tek, I worry about the plastic clips as well, and the neoprene makes my neck sweat in the summer to the point of saturation, so I leave it trailing out of the zipped camera bag to dry when I am out and about. I supposed the plastic clips could be zip-tied to take of accidental opening, only leaving breakage or stitching failure to worry about. I have enough to worry about, so I trust the way it is made, and check it often. LOL

Hehe, I guess i could glue the plastic clips it so it won`t ever come apart
:rolleyes:

I'm a Black Rapid kinda guy, but attached to the camera strap place rather than the tripod place (thanks to advice on here).

I thought the Black rapid was only for the tripod mount, how have you fastened it to the original mounts on the sides?

WayneF

Thats the thing, I don`t need or want the quick release

Hehe, I guess i could glue the plastic clips it so it won`t ever come apart :rolleyes:

I thought the Black rapid was only for the tripod mount, how have you fastened it to the original mounts on the sides?

Googe finds that it was Black Rapid that suffered the connector failures. :) Kidding, I don't care what anyone uses, but for me, I do like the Op/Tech, including the connectors. They hold, absolutely no issue, yet are convenient, and very comfortable on long hauls. I remove the wide neck part for tripod uses and around the house, to shorten it out of the way. You can reconnect the two short ends together, and it makes a handy hand carrying strap. Holding the camera, you can put your wrist through it in case you drop something. Plus I replaced the Think Tank bag straps with Op/Tech too, a lot more comfortable, and slips less.

Last edited: