Better Than Georgia O'Keeffe Photographic Representations of O'Keeffe's Paintings

RON_RIP

Not deep enough for me to use the 10 meter board into that pool. I do not have ViewNX2 and I don't even know what menu you would use to do selective color in camera. We may just have to leave this particular field to you. Of course, @Lawrence is more adventurous than I, and he might tackle it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry Ron.

ViewNX2 is free software from Nikon. I use it to load my photos from the camera to my P/C. That's also what I use to edit my shots. You can use the sliders for sharpness, contrast, brightness, highlight protection, shadow protection, D-Lighting HS, color booster, crop, straighten, auto red eye, axial color aberration and auto lateral color aberration. There are other settings for RAW.

Selective color on the D7100 is in the Retouch menu (page 288 in the D7100 User's Manual), same as Color Sketch (page 286). You can also do Color Outline, Perspective Control, Miniature and a bunch of other stuff in camera (also found on the Retouch Menu).

Ready to take that dive now???

RON_RIP

Sorry Ron.

ViewNX2 is free software from Nikon. I use it to load my photos from the camera to my P/C. That's also what I use to edit my shots. You can use the sliders for sharpness, contrast, brightness, highlight protection, shadow protection, D-Lighting HS, color booster, crop, straighten, auto red eye, axial color aberration and auto lateral color aberration. There are other settings for RAW.

Selective color on the D7100 is in the Retouch menu (page 288 in the D7100 User's Manual), same as Color Sketch (page 286). You can also do Color Outline, Perspective Control, Miniature and a bunch of other stuff in camera (also found on the Retouch Menu).

Ready to take that dive now???
I might be willing to go to the edge of the pool and just stick my toe in. I will really have to sturdy my field manual to even learn how to access the retouch menu. Stay tuned but don't hold your breath.

Moab Man

W_DSG_2119.jpg

RON_RIP

Playing around with my canna photos trying to emulate Georgia's Canna in red and orange but could not get enough orange for a more exact match._AAA9056 - Version 2.jpg

RON_RIP

Somewhat conflicted about this one but was trying to base it on Georgia's Jimson Flower paintings. I would appreciate the panel of contributors to this thread to weigh in on it._AAA9443 - Version 2.jpg

wthorson

Somewhat conflicted about this one but was trying to base it on Georgia's Jimson Flower paintings. I would appreciate the panel of contributors to this thread to weigh in on it.View attachment 232661

Hi Ron, I like your Jimson Weed photo. You have the framing perfect, and the color is beautiful :) The bug holes are interesting and I like them for texture in your shot. However, if Georgia would have done this I think that she would have filled in the bug holes. Her paintings have the Jimson more directly toward the viewer. But, I like the angle that you have in this shot :) I think that it is a great shot :)

RON_RIP

Thanks gang. The joy of raw is that we can have it both ways. I shall patch the bug holes and post it so we can see it that way. I am not sure this is a Jimson flower. I thought it was some kind of trumpent vine. It is growing in front of an Orthodox Church rectory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk