Better Than Georgia O'Keeffe Photographic Representations of O'Keeffe's Paintings

wthorson

This tiny, red flower was found on my hike in the mountains. I wonder if Georgia has ever seen a wild flower like this?
Small Red Flower 8-8-15.jpg

wthorson

This tiny pink and red flower is no more than 1 cm across. Yep, I found it on my hike also. I don't know what kind of flowers they are, but they are a lovely thing to come across in the wilderness.
Tiny Pink and Red Flower 8-8-15.jpg

wthorson

This shot is not in the O'Keeffe style, but I think that she would have been happy for me that I captured such a majestic scene.
Spirit Lake 8-8-15.jpg

wthorson

Another tiny flower that lives in the High Uintah's. I found this one right after a rain, so there are still some drops on the petals. Georgia would have never left the Uintah's if she had ever had the chance to visit.
Purple Daisy 8-7-15.jpg

Attachments

• Purple Flower at Spirit Lake 8-8-15.jpg
    Purple Flower at Spirit Lake 8-8-15.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 675

RON_RIP

Another tiny flower that lives in the High Uintah's. I found this one right after a rain, so there are still some drops on the petals. Georgia would have never left the Uintah's if she had ever had the chance to visit. View attachment 174219
Well Wendy , Georgia had her own New Mexico mountains, to which she was addicted. A harsher landscape but one that is hypnotic in it's own way, to which I can attest. But I could probably settle in the Unitahs with no reservations, so i am looking forward to you posting a whole lot of those pictures you took this trip.

wthorson

"Pink Gladolias" was inspired from Georgia's "Gladolias in Vase" .
Pink Gladiolas 9-27-2016.jpg

Pink Gladiolas #2 9-27-2016.jpg
This shot was fun to recreate from the inspiration of Georgia's.