Anyone Get the Super Moon?

Andrew Cresswell

moon5.jpg
View attachment 41730
​This was the best i could manage between the clouds

Last edited:

ShallowShannon

Nice shots everyone!
I was on the sofa drinking beer when my 8 year old son reminded me of the moon. He said "Daddy are you gonna get a shot of the moon tonight, ya know its gonna be big tonight"
How could I resist, he went out there and told me where I should set the 3 pod up.

Ironwood

I took these at about 5am on 24th June/13. Both are magnified to about 100%.

First one handheld D7100, 70-300VR @300mm, f9 , 1/1250 sec, ISO 200

DSC_0702.jpg

This one was taken with the same settings, but was taken @220mm, to see if it looked any different.
I think I'll stick to 300 for moon shots.
DSC_0701.jpg

fotojack

Took a few shots around 10:15 tonight. Both were shot at ISO 100, f/11, 1/125th. Used Mirror Up method on a tripod to get the least amount of blur. 55-300 AF-S lens @ 300mm. This is the actual colour of the moon as I saw it tonight.

DSC_1541.jpg

DSC_1534.jpg

Next ones are going to be around 12:20 tonight, just to see the difference.

Last edited:

snaphappy

Tonight the moon rose like a huge orange ball looked like harvest moon but we could only see part as it rose right up into the storm clouds. Got a break though and tried again still orangish but not as huge and glowing orange as it was.
NIK_9429.jpg

Last edited:

WyoDuner

Ok, I cheated a little bit. This image was captured with my Celestron 4SE telescope and D5200. 8 images stacked in Registax. Click for larger version.

Full Moon-0600_Stacked.jpg

WyoDuner

Thanks Brad, for the nice comments. WileyCoyete - yep I'm cheating, err.. trying pretty hard. :) Just got the T-Adapter for my scope so I was pretty excited to try it out. I'm happy with the results.

pedroj

Moonie 039.jpg

Couldn't get a shot at it Sunday night because of cloud...so had a go this morning at 6.28 AM...

Nikon D300...Aperture F5.6...Shutter speed 1/1000...ISO 200...300mm F4 AF

WhiteLight

Doesn't it depend on the time of the night you shoot the moon..
Early in the night it would be upward.. towards morning it would have turned upside down... no?