Adobe RGB vs. sRGB

Horoscope Fish

Aaron Nace has released a really good video on this subject: Color Spaces Explained! sRGB, Adobe RGB (1998), ProPhoto RGB. He also walks you through applying the proper settings for ACR/Photoshop and Lightroom to ensure you stay in the proper color space while editing (some of those settings are tricky!)

I seem to recall having had some issue when using ProPhoto in the past but I can't remember now what it was. More importantly, I learned a couple things from this video and they ultimately led me to reconsider my choice of color-space (aRGB). Aaron has me convinced and I'm now using ProPhoto again... I'll see where it gets me.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Aaron Nace has released a really good video on this subject: Color Spaces Explained! sRGB, Adobe RGB (1998), ProPhoto RGB. He also walks you through applying the proper settings for ACR/Photoshop and Lightroom to ensure you stay in the proper color space while editing (some of those settings are tricky!)

I seem to recall having had some issue when using ProPhoto in the past but I can't remember now what it was. More importantly, I learned a couple things from this video and they ultimately led me to reconsider my choice of color-space (aRGB). Aaron has me convinced and I'm now using ProPhoto again... I'll see where it gets me.

Thanks, Paul. I'll take a look at his video when I have time. I really do like how he presents information so I'm looking forward to it. :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I finally had time to watch the video [MENTION=13090]Horoscope Fish[/MENTION] posted. Coincidentally I came across very similar info during my search for differences between color profiles and had most of the settings enabled that Aaron suggested. What I was missing were the 3 check marked boxes on the bottom left for mismatched or missing color profiles. So I made sure to check those boxes.

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate your help with this. :encouragement: