—Rising and falling.​
—Feel it. Be it.

butterfly.jpg

Michael J.

Re: It's all part of life

If the world belongs to us,
We can paint any color as we like
But if it belongs to everyone,
Any color painted must mostly satisfy some others.

paintworld.jpg

Michael J.

value.jpg

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, “Who would like this $20 bill?”

Hands started going up.
He said, “I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.” He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.
He then asked, “Who still wants it?”
Still the hands were up in the air.
“Well,” he replied, “What if I do this?” And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.
He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. “Now who still wants it?” Still the hands went into the air.
“My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.

We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special – Don’t ever forget it!

Michael J.

way1.jpg

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room’s only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene. One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band – he could see it in his mind’s eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed. It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”

Remember: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can’t buy.
“Today is a gift, that’s why it is called the PRESENT”.
Make at least one person Happy

Everyday…

Sandpatch

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Such wonderful guidance. Thank you.

Eye-level

Banned

I would do Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things but I don't think it would fly very well...LOL

View attachment 37536
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room’s only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene. One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band – he could see it in his mind’s eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed. It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”

Remember: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can’t buy.
“Today is a gift, that’s why it is called the PRESENT”.
Make at least one person Happy

Everyday…

A very touching and inspirational story, thank you!

Michael J.

ballet-30.jpg

A smile costs nothing, but gives much-
It takes but a moment, but the memory of it usually lasts forever.
None are so rich that can get along without it-
And none are so poor but that can be made rich by it.

It enriches those who receive, without making poor those who give-
It creates sunshine in the home,
Fosters good will in business,
And is the best antidote for trouble-
And yet it cannot be begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is of no value
Unless it is given away.

Some people are too busy to give you a smile-
Give them one of yours-
For the good Lord knows that no one needs a smile so badly
As he or she who has no more smiles left to give.

Michael J.

A small truth to make life 100%

ballet-10.jpg

If
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
is equal to
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26​
Then what makes 100%?

Is it money?
No!!
M O N E Y
13+15+14+5+25=72%

Leadership?
No!!!
L E A D E R S H I P
12+5+1+4+5+18+19+8+9+16=89%

Every problem has a solution, only if we perhaps change our attitude
To go to the top,
To that 100%,
What we really need to go further…
A bit more

Hard Work?
H A R D W O R K​
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11=98%

Knowledge?
K N O W L E D G E​
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5+=96%

Love?
L O V E
12+15+22+5=54%

Luck?
L U C K
12+21+3+11=47%

Attitude?
A T T I T U D E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5=100%
It is our attitude toward life and work that makes our life 100%!

Attitude is everything
Change your attitude…
And change your life!!
Now that your know the answer…
What will your do about it?
The least you can do is to share.
This message with those you care.

Michael J.

The seeker of truth

ballet-217.jpg

After years of searching, the seeker was told to go to a cave, in which he would find a well. ‘Ask the well what is truth’, he was advised, ‘and the well will reveal it to you’. Having found the well, the seeker asked that most fundamental question. And from the depths came the answer, ‘Go to the village crossroad: there you shall find what you are seeking’.

Full of hope and anticipation the man ran to the crossroad to find only three rather uninteresting shops. One shop was selling pieces of metal, another sold wood, and thin wires were for sale in the third. Nothing and no one there seemed to have much to do with the revelation of truth.

Disappointed, the seeker returned to the well to demand an explanation, but he was told only, ‘You will understand in the future.’ When the man protested, all he got in return were the echoes of his own shouts. Indignant for having been made a fool of – or so he thought at the time – the seeker continued his wanderings in search of truth.

As years went by, the memory of his experience at the well gradually faded until one night, while he was walking in the moonlight, the sound of sitar music caught his attention. It was wonderful music and it was played with great mastery and inspiration.

Profoundly moved, the truth seeker felt drawn towards the player. He looked at the fingers dancing over the strings. He became aware of the sitar itself. And then suddenly he exploded in a cry of joyous recognition: the sitar was made out of wires and pieces of metal and wood just like those he had once seen in the three stores and had thought it to be without any particular significance.

At last he understood the message of the well: we have already been given everything we need: our task is to assemble and use it in the appropriate way. Nothing is meaningful so long as we perceive only separate fragments. But as soon as the fragments come together into a synthesis, a new entity emerges, whose nature we could not have foreseen by considering the fragments alone.

Michael J.

man.jpg
This man is not me but I know him and he knows that I am using the photo of him.

I (Michael) stopped smoking

I quit smoking six years ago, after smoking almost more than two boxes a day (chain-smoking) I used to smoke 25 years. One morning I thought how can I tell my kids not to smoke? That was the point, and it changed my life to a much better life-quality. Not only saving money also everything now tastes a lot tastier, and I got more time to enjoy daily things, and I don’t have to be worry where the next 7/11 is or do I have enough boxes at home?

There are many other good reasons giving up smoking, and every smoker knows it.

Sometimes, when I’ve a nice cup of coffee, I think of a cigarette, it’s only a short moment, and I’m happy that I didn’t let this thought control me and my decision.

Bruno, a friend of mine quit smoking as well. He stopped smoking much in the same time as I did. Why do I mention him? That’s easy. I can talk to him if the thoughts to want to smoke a cigarette coming up. He is the one who says to me to forget about it, and so on. This is what really friends do. They don’t feel pity about you; they motivate you, and they tell you what matters.

Besides to your family, a good friend is important, if you think about quitting smoking. It makes it a lot easier when you fight against your nicotine addiction.

Last but not least, I don’t care if someone smokes to me. I only think, thank god that I got over it.

Michael J.

Sand & Stone

close_up-2.jpg

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: “TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.”

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one, who had been slapped, got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After the friend recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: “TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.”

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, “After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?”

The other friend replied: “When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.”

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Michael J.

Everyone is important

old-1.jpg

During Mark’s first month of college, the professor gave his students a pop quiz. He was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until he read the last one: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?” Surely this was some kind of joke. He had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would he know her name? He handed in his paper, leaving the last question blank.

Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward the quiz grade. “Absolutely,” said the professor. “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They each deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say ‘hello’”. Mark never forgot that lesson. He also learned her name was Dorothy.

Michael J.

water1.jpg

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe said once: Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach”.

Once, a professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students, ‘How much do you think this glass weighs?’ ’1 pound!’ ….’2 pounds!’ …..’3 pounds!’ ……the students answered.

‘I really don’t know unless I weigh it,’ said the professor, ‘but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?’ ‘Nothing’ the students said.
‘OK what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?’ the professor asked. ‘Your arm would begin to ache’ said one of the students.

‘You’re right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?’ ‘Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress & paralysis; have to go to hospital for sure’ ventured another student. All the students laughed.

‘Very good, but during all this, did the weight of the glass change?’ asked the professor. ‘No,’ replied the students.’ ‘Then what caused the arm ache; the muscle stress?

Instead, what should I do?’ The students were puzzled. ‘Put the glass down’ said one of the students. ‘Exactly!’ said the professor. ‘Life’s problems are something like this. Hold them for a few minutes in your head; they seem OK. Think of them for a long time; they begin to ache. Hold them even longer; they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything.’

It is important to think of the challenges in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to ‘put them down’ at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh, strong, can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!

Remember friend: >PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY!<