A New D750 Advisory

voxmagna

I'm in UK. I just put my D750 serial into the USA site and it said 'send it back'. Went over to the EU site for UK and it said my D750 was OK. I've asked Nikon if I was on holiday in USA would I get it repaired under recall and why I can't if I was in UK.:confused::confused:

Anybody else in EU cross checked their serial on both sites? Something smells.

voxmagna

Something smells.

All credit to Nikon they came back fairly quickly with an explanation: There are TWO Service advisory recall issues for the D750: Possible shading from shutter and one for the flare issue (which I was told was fixed on my D750 when I bought it). You must make sure you are entering your serial number check into the correct site link for each Nikon advisory. Put it in all of them to make sure!

I don't know why Nikon can't provide one link to flag up ALL advisories, which would avoid a mismash of some advisories being completed when others haven't. When I check my car VIN I am told about all outstanding Service Advisories. I don''t know what happens if you return for one Advisory when others have not been done? Surely they don't just fix one problem!

singlerosa_RIP

My 750 arrived back home today from Nikon (West Coast). I sent it off on 3/14, so it only took 15 days, including travel time, for them to turn it around. Great work Nikon.

pchansen

Well, hopefully my service will be as quick as yours. Nikon received my camera on Monday, March 28th and today (3/30) my status is "parts hold". 😟

TL Robinson

Mine took a total of about 10 days or so - got camera back and seems to be just fine - can't really tell a difference short the shutter seems quieter...Shot dogs in a dog park last Friday with a lot of continues frames and was great....

pchansen

I sent mine to Nikon on Friday, March 26th. They received it on the 29th. They finished repairs yesterday, April 4th and should be delivered on Thursday, the 6th. Not too shabby, Nikon. Hopefully this will be the last of the recalls.

adox66

Have been humming and hawing about going full frame and had my mind made up to go for the D750.

However after all the recalls on it, it really has diminished my confidence in Nikon and so have decided to hold fire and stay with my d7100 for the time being.

My only option may be to ditch Nikon altogether and move to Canon if I want to go full frame.

Nikons quality control has has been very poor in the last few years.

Last edited:

pchansen

Well, all I can say is that my D750 has been awesome. Yeah, it had to go back but that was a 10 day turn-around. I never experienced the flare issue. I look at Nikon for being proactive and at the very least my camera is "fixed", had its sensor cleaned, and was verified to be 100% all for free. Not to shabby. I have absolutely no complaints with my purchase. The 28-300 that I purchased with my body is the best kept secret in the Nikon world.

Have been humming and hawing about going full frame and had my mind made up to go for the D750.

However after all the recalls on it, it really has diminished my confidence in Nikon and so have decided to hold fire and stay with do for the time being.

My only option may be to ditch Nikon altogether and move to Canon if I want to go full frame.

Nikons quality control has has been very poor in the last few years.

I moved up from the D7100 to the D750 and never had the problems although it was on the list. I sent it in and could not be happier with the camera.

J-see

I sold mine but I've been taking some 30k shots with it and it performed fine. I never bothered to sent it in either.

NVSteve

Sent mine in as well, although I never experienced any of the recall issues. 9 day turnaround, and that includes 3 days of a "parts hold." The only thing I didn't remove from the camera was the eyepiece. Nikon did not return that to me with the camera.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Sent mine in as well, although I never experienced any of the recall issues. 9 day turnaround, and that includes 3 days of a "parts hold." The only thing I didn't remove from the camera was the eyepiece. Nikon did not return that to me with the camera.

Wow, I'm surprised. Back when I sent in my D600 three times, I don't recall having removed any eye piece. One of the times I forgot to remove my SD cards, but they were nice enough return them to me.

The eye piece in the D750 is a real weak point. They fall off a lot. I finally lost mine and have not replaced it

NVSteve

I sent my old D600 twice and they never removed anything either. Oh well, I ordered up a few extra eyepieces to go along with the 10 or so spare flash socket covers. Surprised they also didn't peel off my screen protectors while they were at it.

J-see

I lost my eyepiece of the D750 pretty fast after buying and with the D7200 it is no different.

Nikon must prefer a light touch of amateurism to otherwise pretty decent DSLR. My D810 doesn't suffer that crap.

Horoscope Fish

I used a tiny drop of blue LocTite on the eyepiece and... Problem solved. The blue variety is strong enough to keep the eyepiece where it should be, but you can still pop it off cleanly using your bare hands and just a smidgen of "elbow grease".