A Little Photo Shoot I Had Today....

Eyelight

The first is the winner for me. Nice pose, nice expression and even the little flower adds to the image without pulling my eye too much.

The brightness to the left is a little distracting and it may kind of cool the face into the shadow (if that makes sense). If you decrease the brightness in that area and increase the brightness of her eyes, I think it would be very fine.

ShootRaw

DSC_3998-EditWS.jpgDSC_4014WS.jpg

Eyelight

I think they both work. Maybe slightly plus in exposure, but that may be my screen. Wouldn't mind if the sky were a little bluer in # 1, but again, might just be my screen.

Like both poses.

He has a striking jawline.

ewick

I love the purple tint on photo #2 (with the glasses on) and the second to last one (with the big black hat on) how did you achieve that look?

Browncoat

I can't for the life of me figure out why there is a 6-page deep multiple shoot, multiple image thread in the critique forum...but I digress.

This latest series of the lady in the grey suit caught my eye. The lighting in this series is probably your best work yet, but your posing of this subject is way off the reservation. Way, WAY off. These are poses for a teen, not a woman who is old enough to be the grandmother of a teen. The one of her sitting on the steps is bordering on disturbing for a few different reasons. Maybe she is youthful, maybe she's fun, but everything that's good about these images is overshadowed by the posing.

It's good that you're taking command of posing. There is a clear progression from your earlier shots where your subjects were kind of missing the mark a bit. This lady nailed it, but it's so far out of context that it doesn't even matter.