a D800, a D800e or a D810?

rocketman122

The d800 will be an excellent choice! They can be bought for $1500 with less than 10k clicks. Forgot about that. Nikon oem grip costs a ton and ur low on paper as is. Check 3rd party. They should work with el4 batts if they are decoded

Blacktop

[h=2]D800, a D800e or a D810?[/h]

How bout a decent laptop first? (just sayin) I don't know what laptop you have now....(oh wait................., yes I do) but it will probably start smoking and causing a home fire as soon as you try to transfer a D800 Raw file.

images.jpg

rocketman122

Ok so took a few minutes to read and didnt see a third party grip that allows the en-el18 (not el4) but nikons grip goes for $350 and the battery $100+ and the charger and the bl5 battery cover so youre looking to spend $500+ to use a battery that shoots more. Otoh u can buy an en-el15 decoded battery for a few bucks. AND! A third party grip can be bought for $50

whoops! Actually d800 grip is $440 now. Not $350
Nikon MB-D12 Multi Power Battery Pack for D800 and D810 27040

https://photographylife.com/reviews/zeikos-d800-battery-grip

Last edited:

Bill16

I can get a Nikon grip at about $345.00 and wait to convert to those higher batteries and such till later on sometime! :)

Ok so took a few minutes to read and didnt see a third party grip that allows the en-el18 (not el4) but nikons grip goes for $350 and the battery $100+ and the charger and the bl5 battery cover so youre looking to spend $500+ to use a battery that shoots more. Otoh u can buy an en-el15 decoded battery for a few bucks. AND! A third party grip can be bought for $50

whoops! Actually d800 grip is $440 now. Not $350
Nikon MB-D12 Multi Power Battery Pack for D800 and D810 27040

https://photographylife.com/reviews/zeikos-d800-battery-grip

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Bill I upgraded from a D300 to a D800 last year and saw an immediate difference in my results. Be prepared because the D8xx screams for great glass. So that in turn led to the Tamron 24-70/2.8 and 70-200/2.8.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I made a deal this afternoon on a lightly used D800E and will be listing my D800 in the not so distant future. . . ;)

Bill16

If someone here has a D8xx series Nikon they are selling, here is a good place and time to mention it! I'm interested and would be glad to buy it on payments if we can workout a deal! I'll be looking to get it asap, if we make a deal! :)

Scott Murray

So are any of you folks going to recommend a model you think I should get? The D800? The D800e? Or the D810? :)
I would say a D800 would be great for you :) especially if you can get it at a great price ;) but if you want to be like me or Glen then its the D800E

Bill16

Well you both are great photographers, so there could be worse photographers for me to emulate than either of you! Lol ;)
But I have an open mind, though I did mess up a pretty decent deal with @Eduard on his D800.

Impatience of having to wait maybe a month before getting it on payments, required more patience than I have. :(

I would say a D800 would be great for you :) especially if you can get it at a great price ;) but if you want to be like me or Glen then its the D800E

Last edited: