5 Day Deal

Vixen

I didn't buy it either. I had never heard of half the photographers doing the vids and I also have some vids I bought earlier this year that I have yet to watch, so didn't want to buy more just yet.

I think there are plenty of vids online I can get into eventually. Maybe not as in depth, but maybe enough for me at this point in time. That's my reasoning anyway :D

BackdoorArts

This is really going to stretch my download limits for the month, might have to wait until it clicks over to next month for some of these. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to access these things? The deal itself had a cut off date for download, but I have all that stuff with all the links, I just might have to wait to use them.

I've got a 250GB monthly limit with my provider, but it's currently "not being enforced". I'm almost at the bill roll-over anyway and am only at the 1/2 way point. But yes, it can be an expensive issue for some if their company has and enforces a limit.

Anco

I've got a 250GB monthly limit with my provider, but it's currently "not being enforced". I'm almost at the bill roll-over anyway and am only at the 1/2 way point. But yes, it can be an expensive issue for some if their company has and enforces a limit.

Sorry Jake, I meant do you know if there is an expiry date on the links for the duChemin and Gough videos?

Anco

I don't believe there is on the duChemin. The Gough vids are on Dropbox so I have no idea how long they'll stick around.

Thanks for that. Have you found much stuff on Lynda worth getting into and is it all downloadable from there or do you have to stream it? Seems kind of odd that you can get a one month membership, take all you want and watch it at your leisure.

Horoscope Fish

Thanks for that. Have you found much stuff on Lynda worth getting into and is it all downloadable from there or do you have to stream it? Seems kind of odd that you can get a one month membership, take all you want and watch it at your leisure.
There's a ton of stuff on Lynda for photographers; it's almost overwhelming... There are courses on everything from composition to Lightroom and Photoshop.

And yes, you can download the videos to your PC but you'll need something like Video Download Helper, a Firefox extension, to do it.

Anco

Thanks HF. So much stuff in this package I don't know where to start. I might leave the Lynda thing alone for a couple of weeks till my internet download limit clicks over again. I think I have enough to keep me going with all the other material ;)

BackdoorArts

The Lynda.com stuff is great. Spent today getting my head straightened out on some flash stuff that I'd never bothered learning properly.

Don't delay too long as I believe you've got one month to activate the membership. I used Firefox and Downloadhelper and have archived in their Photoshop series (almost 35 hours total class time) and am still poking through. Make sure you sign up for the Premium membership as you can download the exercise files. I've got about 30GB of their vids on top of the other stuff, and I haven't even started looking at some of the courses they have that go beyond photography.

Pretzel

To dredge up an old thread...

Never did get it all downloaded and transferred... :( But DID start watching the OneLight videos tonight. End of "Gear Part 1", and NAS is already kicking in, LOL

Anco

I have gone the other way, downloaded event single bit of it and looked at none of it, just haven't had the time.
I don't even remember what's in it, but if there's something you are after just let me know and I'll drop box it for you.

carguy

To dredge up an old thread...

Never did get it all downloaded and transferred... :( But DID start watching the OneLight videos tonight. End of "Gear Part 1", and NAS is already kicking in, LOL

I hear ya :)

Have yet to view one minute of the data, but looking forward to it nonetheless. I really like what Zack did with the onelight videos. Good stuff.