๑۩۩๑ ● Hook, Line and Stinker ::: Fishbowl-O-Rama 2018 ● ๑۩۩๑

Horoscope Fish

Re: ๑۩۩๑ ● Hook, Line and Stinker ::: Fishbowl-O-Rama 2018 ● ๑۩۩๑

Things are gearing up at work as the students prepare for the Spring glass and pottery sale. I saw this stack of ceramic lounging in the early morning sun when it caught my eye...
Gearing Up for the Pottery Sale.jpg

Horoscope Fish

While it's not technically true, I *feel* like I haven't shot anything in aaaages... Need to shoot some stills and get my "Photography Eye's" back. This was taken with my recently serviced Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 G2; it's back from the Mother Ship and nailing shots like never before...
PSH_7085.jpg

Horoscope Fish

As the sun started to dip on the horizon, I was able to snatch this quick shot of a paraglider over the cliffs at Torrey Pines.
Torrey Pines Paraglider.jpg
Come Fly With Me, #2

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

As the sun started to dip on the horizon, I was able to snatch this quick shot of a paraglider over the cliffs at Torrey Pines.
View attachment 288342
Come Fly With Me, #2

Well...that's spectacular! :encouragement: Nicely done, Fish. :)

Horoscope Fish

The EXIF states ISO 110. Is that right? :confused:
As far as I can tell, yes; the EXIF data is accurate. This was shot in Manual mode with Auto-ISO enabled.

What is it that's confusing you, the value "110" instead of 100, 200, 400, etc? Auto-ISO just does that in my experience.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

As far as I can tell, yes; the EXIF data is accurate. This was shot in Manual mode with Auto-ISO enabled.

What is it that's confusing you, the value "110" instead of 100, 200, 400, etc? Auto-ISO just does that in my experience.

Yes, Paul. The number 110 itself throws me because I've never come across it; however, I don't use Auto-ISO myself. And honestly I keep forgetting about it. When I did panning shots the other day, I was in full Manual Mode and need to remember to set Auto-ISO. A long time ago, Jake shot something that had an unusual ISO number, and he too said he used Auto-ISO.

The thing is I don't see ISO 110 as an option when I toggle through the numbers. I would have thought Auto-ISO would use the same options that are available when setting the ISO manually. That's what really throws me.

Horoscope Fish

Yes, Paul. The number 110 itself throws me because I've never come across it; however, I don't use Auto-ISO myself. And honestly I keep forgetting about it. When I did panning shots the other day, I was in full Manual Mode and need to remember to set Auto-ISO. A long time ago, Jake shot something that had an unusual ISO number, and he too said he used Auto-ISO.

The thing is I don't see ISO 110 as an option when I toggle through the numbers. I would have thought Auto-ISO would use the same options that are available when setting the ISO manually. That's what really throws me.
Yeah, that's Auto-ISO for you. Manual with Auto-ISO is how I shoot probably 90% of the time when I'm not in a studio so I guess I'm used to seeing odd ISO values like that. Just guessing but I've always assumed this feature has the "power" to use non-standard ISO values in order to better maintain exposure based on the aperture and shutter speed I've selected... I dunno. Pretty cool though. :D