Search results

  1. G

    Nikon 24-120mm f4 VRII sample images

    Just wanted to share my favorite walk-around lens. It's very sharp and fun to use in good light. 1. D700 24-120mm f4_065 by gqtuazon, on Flickr 2. D700 24-120mm f4_002 by gqtuazon, on Flickr 3. 24-120mm f4_016 by gqtuazon, on Flickr
  2. G

    Outdoor concert

    I'm not sure where to post these images but I thought of sharing them to the group. These were USO volunteers who perform for the troops. The band who visited us here in Japan are called bowlingforsoup. BOWLING FOR SOUP Taken with D7000 + 70-200mm VRII + SB 900 with green gel (fill flash)...
  3. G

    Which lens should I keep?

    I would also recommend selling all three equipment to get the most that you can and start your FX lens line-up. Nikon "D" prime lenses are much cheaper alternative if you don't mind foot zooming. I would not keep the 18-135mm since that lens does not render a nice bokeh but it is a sharp lens at...
  4. G

    Searching for the right AWB settings

    Re: Searching for the right picture control (edited) I know DR suffers a bit at higher ISO but the picture control or getting the right contrast and tone is what I am still trying to learn with the D7000. Even at ISO 1000 on the image below doesn't really make a difference. I know they are...
  5. G

    Searching for the right AWB settings

    Hi Eduard. I shoot RAW+jpg. These were all RAW files, converted to jpg and resized for online viewing. I guess It does take a while before you can fine tune and adjust all the presets to your personal preference. The standard picture control is still a little bit of a disappointment for me. I...
  6. G

    Searching for the right AWB settings

    I haven't mastered the features of the D7000 and one of my biggest frustrations is getting the correct picture control and auto white balance settings which would mimic the settings of my D700. Initially I did not like the yellowish or warmer AWB using Auto1. Recently I discovered that if you...
  7. G

    D7000 Pics

    I might as well add my own camera "porn" here. With the Nikon ME-1 mic.
  8. G

    D700 Focusing Advise

    Nicely done Marcel. It's something that I should try. I agree that the petals were over exposed. I've done a lot of similar rookie mistakes myself using this combo. Then I tried using spot metering instead of matrix metering, use -.3 EV, Neurtal picture control and usually hand hold my camera...
  9. G

    Another Nikon fan checking in...

    Hi all. Wow! Another exclusive Nikon website. Looking forward to meeting the group. Cheers. Glenn
Top