Search results

  1. G

    Nikon SB 30

    I found a bargain flash that was released back in 2002. It is the perfect size for my Fuji X10 which works very well using manual flash. More about the flash can be read here. I got it for 2000 yen or around $26...
  2. G

    Is there a decline in forum participation?

    I know there are a lot of websites and forums that covers just about anything. About 3 years ago when I started participating on some of the photography forums, it was huge and it was addicting. Nowadays, I don't feel so active anymore. Is it because I've reached the point that I have learned...
  3. G

    Japanese pro sumo wrestlers

    I was able to attend a sumo wrestling during the premier event last Saturday. Fortunately, our sponsor had very close seats available for us. Here are some of the pictures that I took. Fuji X10 with Nikon SB 800 X10 Sumo 027 by gqtuazon, on Flickr 1. Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm f2.8 @115mm...
  4. G

    My first video attempt with D7000

    A few days ago I was able to use my D7000 for video. I used the rig below with a Nikon ME-1 mic in order to get a stereo sound. A Holiday Concert from my daughter's school concert. I hope you like it. D7000 + 70-200mm and later on shifted to 24-70mm due to closer distance. Setting was 1/50...
  5. G

    Which AA NiMh rechargeable batteries reign supreme?

    I’ve been searching for the best rechargeable batteries for my speedlight lately. I know based on this articles, (Compare Battery - Batteries Comparison and Best Batteries | Top Picks and Reviews at ConsumerSearch and Three month delay results--Hybrio and Eneloop much better than others...
  6. G

    Experimenting with Nikon Wireless System

    I haven't done any fun stuff lately with my equipment so I might as well learn something and be creative. Self-portrait. D700 + Sigma 85mm f1.4 HSM @ f1.8, 1/50, ISO 400, SB 900 (commander mode) on a tripod and timer. Nikon SB800 with a Gary Fong collapsible diffuser under the lamp shade.
  7. G

    Honoring our veterans

    Here is a small tribute to my fellow veterans. In commemoration for your courage and sacrifice, thank you for your service. Nikon D700 + 70-200mm f2.8 VRII + SB 900
  8. G

    New Tripod and ballhead: I hope it can deliver.

    Just splurge a little over $1k on a tripod and ballhead excluding the camera and lens plates. This is getting more expensive than what I had planned. What was I thinking?:confused: I hope it's all worth the investment. All I need to do now is improve my skill(s). :( Good luck on that one...
  9. G

    Japanese Mikoshi Parade

    Annual parade that's held here in Japan. I thought of sharing them with you using the Nikon 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses. Please pardon the larger picture sizes to those who uses a smaller monitor or an older version of the web browser. 1. Mikoshi_276 by gqtuazon, on Flickr 2. Mikoshi_203...
  10. G

    Sand Hotel, Marina Singapore

    Just a sample image taken during my short visit in Singapore. The tall building is the Sands Hotel and Casino which provides a spectacular view if you visit the roof top. Too bad they prohibit the use of tripod. D700, Nikon 16-35mm f4 VRII, @ 25mm, f9, 5 secs, ISO 200
  11. G

    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D

    Hi Helene. I was able to find one but I guess the rest were already deleted. It is a little sensitive to direct light source which made a purple cast to my son's clothes so I probably deleted them. Cropped image at f1.8 But in fairness, once you stop it down, you'll get sharp images. With...
  12. G

    Comparing older Nikon lens against newer generation lens

    I just received my D7000 and Nikon 16-35mm f4 VRII back from Nikon yesterday. I sent both units to Nikon in El Segundo CA to have the focus and calibration checked since I was suspecting an error or slight softness when using this combo. Both units were still under warranty. Anyway, Nikon...
  13. G

    Exorcist: Just to make your day.

    Just for laughs. If your having a bad day, watch this video and let me know what you think. I think it's funny. http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=22984504&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=1&loop=0
  14. G

    Using D700 with Nikkor MF lens

    Night photography using the Nikkor 28mm f3.5 Ai lens.
  15. G

    Using D700 with Nikkor MF lens

    Adding an image. Paper wasp. Nikkor 135mm f2.8 Ai with extension tube. I'm glad this bug didn't sting me since I was getting a little too close.
  16. G

    sensor cleaning

    It looks like specs of oil to me on the upper left corner. You can usually see them at smaller aperture using a white background or blue sky. Never use a cotton swab since it will likely introduce lint. I have been cleaning my own sensors using the wet swab method. It's fairly easy. Always...
  17. G

    Handheld moon shot

    Nice job with the moon shot. I did the same thing but I had to use a tripod. My hands are not that stable at all. :eek: f11, 1/250, ISO 1,600, 100% crop
  18. G

    Using D700 with Nikkor MF lens

    Some additional shots using the extension tube. This lens suddenly became a great macro lens. My first butterfly or bug shot.
  19. G

    Using D700 with Nikkor MF lens

    Thank you for your nice comment. Please just call me Glenn. It was a bargain lens and the seller included an extension tube with it for $150 USD including shipping. The working distance is a little difficult since the minimum focusing distance is around 12 feet or so. I tried the extension...
  20. G

    Using D700 with Nikkor MF lens

    I just received my new (used) Nikkor 300mm f4.5 Ais MF lens today. I bought it because it was reasonably cheap and I wanted to try MF. I entered the lenses information to the camera (similar to the D7000) which includes the focal length and max aperture and it was ready to go. Please pardon me...
Top