Search results

  1. DayTrippin

    Coolpix P900. First thoughts

    I have been off the forums for a while... Anyway. I found a brick and mortar that had a new Coolpix P900 and I bought it. I wanted either a bridge camera or a D3300 to carry around with me while hiking. The D610 and D750 get really heavy after a while. So here are a couple test shots first...
  2. DayTrippin

    D610 vs D7100

    This question is for people who have both. I primarily do landscape shots. Will I lose a noticeable lot if I switch to the d7100? I usually don't go much over ISO 800. Normal range is 100-400 and the biggest I print is 13x19 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. DayTrippin

    D3300 with tamron 17-50 2.8

    I may pull the plug this week on a d3300. I've run into a deal for. Tamron 17-50 with motor for 200.00 Anyone use this combo? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. DayTrippin

    RC2 Manfrotto Ballhead to Arca Swiss

    I have a RC2 Ballhead attached to my tripod and I have attached to my camera a carryspeed adaptor that has an Arca Swiss option on it. I have been looking for an adaptor to set in my ballhead that would turn it into an arca swiss. I have seen these around somewhere, but cant find it for some...
  5. DayTrippin

    L.C.W 77mm Fader ND Mk II

    Looking for this ND Variable Filter. Dropped mine on a rock and cracked it today Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. DayTrippin

    Walmart and the d50

    I was in walmart the other day... I don't usually go there since they never have what I am looking for and if they do, its of cheap quality. Anyway, I was blown away when I saw the store had a Nikon d50 on the display rack with a price of around 500.00. I didn't even think these were in...
  7. DayTrippin

    Used worth of d5200

    I'm having to sell a fairly new d5200 18-55 kit that was purchased only a few months ago. It has some extras, of which is an extra battery and a sandisk 8gb extreme and a Tarmac bag. I've had it on craigslist for a month. I was told last night that it wasn't worth even 500.00 US since the...
  8. DayTrippin

    Ring Macro flash

    Then get a decent flash. You don't need video lighting to shoot stills. Also flash photography opens up much more options Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. DayTrippin

    Ring Macro flash

    Are you taking video or stills? If stills, why choose video lighting? A regular flash would suit you better with your equipment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. DayTrippin

    Ring Macro flash

    Wonder how they handle the smartphones camera now?
  11. DayTrippin

    Ring Macro flash

    Really depends on the museum. Some are well lit for a 5.6 - f/8 hand held shot. Some would require a monopod or tripod. Some museums don't allow tripods. Some don't even allow cameras at all. With your equipment... You'll have to rely on your primes wide open. I don't recall how high you...
  12. DayTrippin

    Ring Macro flash

    Depends on the museum. There are a lot of museums that won't allow flash photography. The one I work for is one... to many artifacts that need to be shielded from light along with wildlife that would be bothered by the flash.
  13. DayTrippin

    Ankle reconstruction and etc.

    The year of 2013 has been the unlucky 13 of all unlucky years for me. Started out with a slip on the ice and breaking 5 ribs. Out of work for 1 month and in physical therapy for 6 months. Then, gall bladder surgery... Off work for another 3 weeks. Then took a fall from about 8 feet. Shattered...
  14. DayTrippin

    Sigma 28-300 f3.5-5.6D AF IF

    I just purchased a sigma 28-300 f3.5-5.6D AF IF lens off of craigslist for 65.00. Anyone have this older lens? Thoughts? Its not the macro version.
  15. DayTrippin

    Here's one for ya

    Sent off my nikon d600 to Nikon Los Angeles to get cleaned and checked out before the warranty runs out in November. I get a service ticket stating that it was under warranty and no charge, but at the bottom of the ticket it states a billing of my CC of 155.00. Called Nikon service, and she is...
  16. DayTrippin

    Photos from the D3200

    Here is a couple more shots with this amazing camera. The first is a 100+ crop using a 70-300 afs vr lens. The car was not in motion but in the pits at the Indianapolis 500. I cropped it to see just how far you could go with it. The second shot was taken here in my back yard in Oregon at the...
  17. DayTrippin

    Photos from the D3200

    A little over a year ago... I took a trip to Indianapolis to see my family. I was shocked to find that I didn't take my camera ( a D300s at the time ) So I went downtown to Roberts and bought this little d3200 with the 18-55 lens. One of the first pics out of camera was this picture of the war...
  18. DayTrippin

    D600 positives

    I am fortunate... I bought one of the first Nikon d600's as soon as they were announced. Before the Dust/oil issue was even discovered, my camera had to go back to Nikon in LA for repair. At that time they replaced the shutter. I've never seen the oil/dust issue. But since then, all I have...
  19. DayTrippin

    David Busch's Nikon D300s Book - No Longer Available

    David Busch's Nikon D300s Book Never been used.. had a Nikon d300s and shortly after went full frame. List Date: 5/21/2013 For more info, click here to view the original listing: David Busch's Nikon D300s Book -------------------------------------- This item is no longer available...
  20. DayTrippin

    David Busch's Nikon d300s

    I have a new book for this camera if anyone is interested. 10.00 plus shipping I'd post this in the for sale section... and if I have to, I will... but I thought someone here might want this book.
Top