Search results

  1. Eduard

    Think Tank TurnStyle 20 Review

    I finally had an opportunity to use the Think Tank TurnStyle 20 for an extended period and wanted to update the thread and review. I used the bag over an 11 day straight period and came away extremely impressed. Positives: On previous similar trips I had used a camera backpack but found the...
  2. Eduard

    Impressed with the J4 - Results

    My wife and I were in Copenhagen a couple weeks ago. This was her first extended use of her new J4 with the kit 10-30mm PD-Zoom lens. The PD-Zoom is much better than the original 10-30mm and is a convenient walk-around focal length at 27-81mm FX equivalent. Below are a few examples - my favorite...
  3. Eduard

    Weekly Challenge May 20 - May 27: "Reflections"

    We spent a rainy day earlier this week in Průhonický Park just outside of Prague and I captured this HDR.
  4. Eduard

    Prague: Charles Bridge Sunrise

    Not the most spectacular sunrise but how often do you get to enjoy it on the Charles Bridge in Prague? All captured with a Tamron 24-70/2.8 or 70-200/2.8.
  5. Eduard

    Don't Be THAT Guy Next Time You Go Out To Shoot

    Before I left Prague this morning, I went to the Charles Bridge at sunrise. I was pissed to see this gaggle of photographers acting as if they owned the bridge. The reason for the post is to gently remind each other to be a bit more aware of the impact and impression we leave as photographers...
  6. Eduard

    Post your ultra-wide angle shots

    Reconnected with a friend who is a tour guide and arranged for private tour inside the world famous Strahov Library. Simply beautiful. Very happy with my Sigma too.
  7. Eduard

    Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC Test

    I have shot this scene before and it never gets old.
  8. Eduard

    Post your ultra-wide angle shots

    Taking full advantage of all 12mm of my Sigma 12-24mm. Cropped, manually straightened in LR CC.
  9. Eduard

    How about posting your HDR images?

    Tough shot facing into the sun. The only hope to capture it was HDR. Five shot bracket using a Tamron 24-70/2.8 rendered with Photomatix Pro.
  10. Eduard

    Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC Test

    Once again I was really pleased with the Tamron 24-70 yesterday... :rolleyes:
  11. Eduard

    Interesting Kickstarter: QromaScan - smartphone print scanner

    Pretty interesting Kickstarter called QromaScan which combines software with a LED lightbox to scan prints. The app uses voice control to tag your images and build EXIF. Neat idea and I did back it in Kickstarter-speak. More info here.
  12. Eduard

    Initial Impressions: 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 Lens

    I received my lightly used copy of the 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 on Friday. My initial impressions were holy cr*p is it big. Second reaction was a big freaking grin on my face when I mounted it on my wife's J4 and started focusing. Wow, wow, wow. What a focal range: 189-810mm FX equivalent...
  13. Eduard

    V2 Sunrise at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

    Spending a week-end with a close friend in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. I snuck out this morning to catch the sunrise from the boardwalk and beach.
  14. Eduard

    Post your latest purchases.

    Received my 1 Nikkor 70-300 to complete my Nikon 1 system. Looks good in my Think Tank Urban Approach 15 Backpack. Contents: Nikon 1 V2 with 10-100mm non-PD, Nikon 1 V2 with 6.7-13mm, 10mm, 18.5mm, 32mm and 70-300mm.
  15. Eduard

    I bit the bullet and got CC

    Do you have a directory structure already in place? Are you happy with it? If so, when you Import to the catalog, Add them without moving them.
  16. Eduard

    Pets/"Petography" Thread!

    Sad very early morning in my household. This is from 2006, shot with a D70s and Nikkor 50mm 1.8D. One of my favorite shots. Missed the focus on her eye but love her gaze.
  17. Eduard

    Anyone know how to get the shutter count for the Nikon D5300?

    Upload your last image to Camera Shutter Count and you will get your count. Here is an example:
  18. Eduard

    Nikon D800 - SOLD

    Nikon D800 For sale is my D800. USA model, it comes with the original box, all supplied accessories and 2 additional Wasabi batteries. Less than 24k shutter actuations. I am the second owner and have used it for approximately 16 months. I've never had any issue or reason for concern - it has...
  19. Eduard

    AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED - SOLD

    AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED For sale is a clean copy of the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED. Excellent lens that has served me well. I would rate this a 9 out of 10. Even though it is variable aperture, I have never been disappointed. If I hadn't purchased the...
  20. Eduard

    Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D AF Micro - SOLD

    Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D AF Micro Selling my well used copy of one of the most under-appreciated swiss army knife of FX lenses - the Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D AF Micro. Small, light weight, pro-caliber with 1:2 macro capability. Comes with both caps and hood. I'd rate it a 8+ out of 10 as far...
Top