Search results

  1. bluzman

    Post your Moths & Butterflies

    Pipevine Swallowtail
  2. bluzman

    Post your Moths & Butterflies

    Dun Skipper
  3. bluzman

    Post your Moths & Butterflies

    Gulf Fritillary
  4. bluzman

    Post your Moths & Butterflies

    Black Swallowtail
  5. bluzman

    Out & about with my Sony RX10 Mk IV

    A "twofer" - Amberwing dragonfly and Blue damselfly A very small butterfly...Phaon Crescent, maybe Bluejays A youngster
  6. bluzman

    Tammy 18-400 mm

    You got a great deal at $270. I owned the Tamron 18-400mm for a while. While doing research before I bought it, I noted that just about every reviewer mentioned a sticky spot somewhere around 300mm zoom. It's an excellent general purpose lens but its modest VR (2.5 stops as I recall) left me...
  7. bluzman

    Post your favorite April 2024 shot

    I didn't know that Great Blue Herons would actually swim on occasion. Their feathers, however, are not as water resistant as ducks, for example, so they shake off some of the excess moisture.
  8. bluzman

    Post your favorite May 2024 shot

    This is a Bumblebee Moth also known as a Hummingbird Moth because it hovers like a hummingbird while getting nectar.
  9. bluzman

    Post your Hood Ornaments/Logos

  10. bluzman

    Post your flower pics

    April showers bring May flowers
  11. bluzman

    Local Critters

    Local Critters - Part Deux
  12. bluzman

    Local Critters

  13. bluzman

    The Duck Thread

    I know that but I didn't know where else to post it. If there's a separate thread for geese, I missed it. Mea culpa.
  14. bluzman

    Post Your Birds (3)

    Got this sequence of the resident Great Blue Heron at a pond in my neighborhood. The last image shows the bird shaking off water (like a dog) after it had been swimming. I didn't realize that the GBH was capable of swimming but it is. Apparently it doesn't do it that often and then only for...
Top