Search results

  1. B

    Boeing 777-200ER engine change.

    Ok, finished being lazy last night didn't feel like posting the down pictures. But we got it down last night and started changing some parts from one to the other. But here is the old coming down and the new going up. 2 chain falls in the front, 2 in the rear (btw you don't want to to the...
  2. B

    $10 million and its yours, bring a truck.

    Rolls Royce Trent 800 change on a B777-200ER. Good motor to go on. This one the blue arrow points the the go part (fuel nozzle). That silver line connecting them is the fuel line. Small diameter but high pressure. This one is the on wing engine being prepped for removal. Cowlings...
  3. B

    P1100 refurbs now $700 at NikonUsa

    I had been watching the price of P1100's for a while on NikonUsa site and refurbs were $770 for a while. Then over the weekend they went back up. Today I was pursuing the site and they are down to $700. So, I pulled the trigger. They also had Z6III's for $1,440 but while I was trying to pay...
  4. B

    Well going in deeper to the Z pool

    I originally ordered a Z5II knowing I would step up eventually later. Well the Z5II was backordered so I cancelled and ended up buying Z8 locally. Now about 7 weeks later putting another toe in the Z water and ordered a Z5II from B+H. Intending it to go to my wife to switch her from a D600...
  5. B

    10% off bodies at Keh 2 days

    KEH IS GIVING 10% off most but not all bodies the next 2 days.
  6. B

    Z8 Lens testing, eh, playing around.

    Got a chance this evening to do some testing. Z8 and a Songraw 50mm f/1.2 AF, 7Tartisans 75mm f/1.4 MF, and Pentax M SMC 50mm f/1.7mf. Zero color in my yard so took a picture of a flag on a utility pole. All lenses wide open 1.2- 1.4 - 1.7. I missed focus just a bit on the Pentax shot. Exif...
  7. B

    Couple new DX lenses for my new D7500

    Decided to add a couple DX lenses to add to the mix. Mostly wanted lighter weight and smaller sizes. I picked up a renewed D7500 to replace my D3300 as my work travel set up. But didn't have anything over 200mm in DX. And I don't want to carry the heavier FX lenses I have. These are the 18-140...
  8. B

    Bit tilted and shifted today

    TTArtisans 17mm f/4 tilt shift arrived today. Comparing it side by side with my Nikon 24mm f/3.5 PC-E. I have done no test shot other than my cluttered photo room. The TT lens works as it should. Now the TTArtisans $429 Nikon 19mm f/4 PC-e New $3,400 now only used $2,600 if you can find it...
  9. B

    Nose needs a little work.

    D3300 and 18-55 kit and 55-200kit lenses. A day at work for me. This is a 777-200ER. We are changing the nose cowl due to some wear / damage inside the inlet. For scale in the first picture the guy on the work stand is 6'2" tall and is standing on the 7th step of an 8' stand. This is a Rolls...
  10. B

    Guinea pig, going to give it a try

    I ordered a Songraw 50mm f/1.2 Moonlit lens. $759.05. Says up to 3 weeks for delivery so probably coming from China. Yes, they are new and this is their first lens. But from reviews I have seen and the price point, it should be worth it. 1/2 of the Sigma 50 f/1.2, and 1/3 the cost of Nikons...
  11. B

    Just lunch

    Back in Fort Worth for work. Street Tacos for lunch, and yes later for dinner. And in the background glass bottle real Coke 1.25l. Only have ever seen them from this taco truck. Brought the D3300 and kit lenses this trip.
  12. B

    Refurbished D7500 $499 at Nikonusa

    Posted in D7500 but this is a very good deal. Very capable dslr for $500!!
  13. B

    Refurbished D7500's now $499 at Nikon

    I was looking at NikonUsa and they have refurbished D7500's for $499. I ordered one to replace my D3300 as my lightweight carry camera. It's about 1/2 pound heavier, and larger. But should fit fine in my rolling work computer bag.
  14. B

    D600 got a day out with the ole AF-d lenses

    Trip to Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens yesterday. These are from the wife who loves the D600 and the older AF-d lenses even though we have newer AF-s VR lenses to use. I carried around backpack with Z8 gear in it but didn't use it as it was drizzling too much for my comfort for a brand new...
  15. B

    Blast from the past.

    Sealed pack of KODAK instant film. Box was not opened but glue gave up after 40 years. I still have a Kodak "The Handle" camera. I did have another sealed package of film and tried it about 5 years ago. Had 1 that tried to develop, and 2 that had some chemical swirls. But no images...
  16. B

    22 year old Coolpix 8700 still going

    Today is maintenance day for my camera gear. Charging ALL batteries, making sure flashes still work, etc. Anyway decided to crank up the ole 8700 That I bought at the end of 2004. Still going, but the user forgot how to change things. I could not figure out how to get it out of Program mode...
  17. B

    Monster in the house

    I ordered a Monster adapter since I have so many F lenses. I just did a quick test and so far so good. Did have some noise issues and complied with their 1.2 firmware update and that helped (apparently aperture motor). So far just pointing around in office in my house the 50mm f/1.8, 16mm f/2.8...
  18. B

    Lens caps, right side up, or doesn't matter.

    I tend to put my caps on with Nikon right side up. If I don't immediately, when I pack things I tend to change it if it's not right side up. I don't get a laser level out to ensure it's perfect, but tend to turn it so it's right side up.
  19. B

    Show me your rack

  20. B

    45 years ago

    IBM relased the 5150 first PC system. I was on Apple II+ in middle school at the time. First PC I bought was in 1990. Been PC guy since.
Top