Search results

  1. L

    Recommended AF Settings For D90/50mm/Models

    So I have done four shoots since getting the D90 and did notice the AF-S were better focused. Question: If you were doing the shot below (which is typical of what I do) where would you have the focus point? On her knee since that is the closet part for the sharpest overall image? I favor f/2.8...
  2. L

    Recommended AF Settings For D90/50mm/Models

    Did a photoshoot on Miami Beach and got good results. 2nd time using D90 https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157682386085925 I was asked to bring D90 to office for staff images and after taking about 300 found too many blurry. What would be the suggested AF settings for a...
  3. L

    How To Create The 'Softest' Flash?

    Just got a Yongnuo YN-565EX along with a D90. It has been many years since I used a flash. I only use 50mm for models. I used the flash for the first time over the weekend and got good results but some images were totally blobs of white. Example here in Nikon RAW of three images where flash...
  4. L

    Julie On Miami Beach

    Julie on Miami Beach.
  5. L

    D90 Wanted

    Would like a D90 in good condition.
  6. L

    Flash Recommendation for My Situation?

    I do newbie models for free and as a hobby so I am not going to spend a lot of money. I used multiple D50s until the last one died of shutter death. I have a D200 with 18K clicks coming to me in a week. I only used the 50mm F/1.8 I am looking for a recommendation for a fill flash for some...
  7. L

    Feedback on My Offer To Models?

    Redid my offer webpage to newbie models and looking for any constructive feedback. About - Dean Lautermilch
  8. L

    Ring or Regular Flash for Me?

    I am getting a used Nikon D300 shortly and want to get back into shooting models. My last Nikon died a fitting death of shutter use since I used so much. Anyway, I am only shooting 50mm. For the kind of images I am doing what will be the best fill flash for bright sunlight: a ring or regular...
  9. L

    Piler and her friend in downtown Hollywood

    All images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157661269884255
  10. L

    Pilar on South Beach

  11. L

    D50 Dies During A Bikini Shoot

    I noticed a dark shadow starting to appear on horizontal images. Most shots I do are vertical so I was able to get a lot of good shots which I am still processing. All images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157660223488516 My D50 made it to 61K counts which is 122% of...
  12. L

    Sunday Afternoon with an 18 year old Ballerina in Downtown Hollywood, Florida

    Her mother came along as well. All images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157657701922054
  13. L

    Two Newbie Models on Miami Beach

    I do newbie models. I had a shoot with one and she brought a friend. All images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72157655952969614
  14. L

    Best AF Mode For Models

    I have a hobby doing newbie models. - About - Dean Lautermilch As newbies, they have a hard time staying in the same position. Sometimes it is like they are on large amounts of caffeine. Saturday I had a shoot in Miami with three at one point and got a lot of decent shots but I got a lot of...
  15. L

    Best Free Resources for Mastering Adobe Camera Raw?

    I want to master ACR and am looking for the best free or inexpensive resources that cover it if anyone has any recommendations.
  16. L

    Redid my website. Any helpful comments?

    I redid my website. Dean Lautermilch | Model Photographer My invitation for newbie models About | Dean Lautermilch
  17. L

    Dakota Take II

    I did a model last week and she was not happy with the images and asked they be removed from the web so I did. After a week, I decided to redo them but this time I did the basic RAW flow that I have seen in Adobe Camera Raw videos. So looking at all the images, can you see something I should be...
  18. L

    Would a LED or Regular Flash Be Best For Me?

    At this time I am only using the 50mm F/1.8 doing models or promo girls in Miami Beach. My Flickr site - https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums I am tempted by a LED flash to improve lighting but am unclear of how far they are effective. Any suggestion of the best flash for me?
Top