Search results

  1. S

    Post your Train shots!

    As seen in better days east of Asheville on the Loops at Ridgecrest, an NS westbound is about to enter Swannanoa Tunnel. [12/26/2013, D5100]
  2. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. We saw a few detour moves after Helene, but not many. NS's line through Asheville will be restored from the west, from Newport, TN. The damage is so severe that it'll take until the end of January 2025 to complete the work. NS's line from the east through Old Fort, NC and the...
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught some action on Saturday afternoon just west of Raleigh, NC at Cary. The passenger trains have a locomotive at each end to quicken turnaround time at the end terminals at Raleigh and Charlotte. Freight is also to be found here. [D5100]
  4. S

    Woody's 2024 Photon Collection Project

    Your photographs are extraordinary @Woodyg3 and I never tire of them. I often carry my laptop into our kitchen to share them with my wife while she's cooking dinner. She enjoys them as much as I do. :)
  5. S

    Z50II is announced.

    I read that its shutter type is "Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter". I'm not well schooled in today's cameras. So then it has a mechanical shutter and an electronic shutter?
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught a northbound Norfolk Southern empty grain train yesterday in South Carolina with their blue Conrail heritage locomotive trailing. This is one of twenty Norfolk Southern locomotives specially painted in colors of the many older railroads that are now part of NS. Maybe someday I can find...
  7. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    What crop are they working?
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From July 13, 2008 at Frostburg, Maryland, Western Maryland Scenic 734 takes a spin on the turntable. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  9. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Love the GTI! 😍
  10. S

    Post your Train shots!

    I had to research these a bit. Taken in Poland maybe?
  11. S

    Needa's Abysmal Attempts!

    Wow, that green guy is amazing! A very cool shot. (y)
  12. S

    Newbie alert

    My first DSLR is still my current DSLR, a 13 year old D5100 now with 25,100 shutter actuations. Shot with a mixture of film cameras for 35 years prior. If I can offer a snippet of advice @Sidewinder 1957, find a quiet spot outdoors to learn about and experiment with your new D7500. Bring your...
  13. S

    Trying to copy some old slides

    Your holder is yielding some great results! You have some nice shots. With thousands of slides to scan, I bought an Epson V-800 about five years ago and am generally pleased with it, but dark slides often scan blurry. I was talking to a photograper/author and he said scanning can sometimes be...
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Three random shots from yesterday in the South Carolina upstate, a CSX train at Taylors and two Norfolk Southern trains, one at Taylors and the other at Wellford. [D5100]
  15. S

    Needa's Abysmal Attempts!

    I like your capture of that bird's purposeful look. Out of curiosity, I researched it and am guessing it's a White Ibis. If so, I read that they use that long bill to probe for food in shallow water.
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. You'll come upon one eventually. It happened to me at Taylors, SC when the Illinois Terminal unit unexpectedly appeared. [D5100]
  17. S

    Woody's 2024 Photon Collection Project

    Your work is always so beautiful @Woodyg3. Those hummingbird captures are truly extraordinary.
  18. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    Working at Monetta SC, 07/27/2024. The 8009 is packing 4400 HP. [D5100]
  19. S

    Post your Train shots!

    There's the Heritage Units website which can be helpful and social media too. Catching these can be quite a challenge because they most often circulate just like any other locomotive without special recognition and they may not be leading the train they're on. Then too, it may be dark when...
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Some 12 years ago, Norfolk Southern decided to celebrate its 30th Anniversary by painting twenty new locomotives in historic paint schemes that replicated the many old railroads which comprise the modern Norfolk Southern. Last week I caught up with their Jersey Central locomotive, painted in...
Top