Search results

  1. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Thanks. Yes, I think Killboy is what we chose too.
  2. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Oh cool, four trips! That's a good idea to get up early to avoid the crazies. I'd rather choose a weekday, but I think the roadside photographers work only weekends and their pictures are pretty cool.
  3. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Here's my wife with Rolf The Golf, having just conquered the Tail of The Dragon on the NC/TN border with its 318 curves in 11 miles, armed with a 5-Speed stick and Volkswagen tee shirt. :)
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    This afternoon's Train P85, a "local" that serves various industries along the line. I had good light until another round of dark clouds moved in behind me. The 9864 is a GE Dash 9-44CW packing 4,400 HP. More geeky railroad trivia -- the fresnel lenses in railroad signals greatly intensify...
  5. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Awww -- that's a fine photo there! :D How neat that you are able to affix a medallion to the grille.
  6. S

    Needa's Lame Likenesses!

    Your Florida East Coast photo caught my eye. I guessed the car between the locomotives might be a fuel tender and it is. I did a little research to find that the FEC has a dozen pairs of back-to-back GE ES44C4s with specially built Liquid Natural Gas fuel tenders spliced between. Neat stuff...
  7. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    She's like my wife, wanting nothing else but her Rolf The Golf. I like the car name Skooby! :D
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Today's Norfolk Southern southbound had a helping hand in the form of a Burlington Northern Santa Fe locomotive in the Santa Fe's old "Warbonnet" paint scheme. I had a good spot picked out and had decent light ...... until the train was delayed, rain moved in and I had to abandon my spot for...
  9. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    New Minis vying for a home in @crashton 's garage. :)
  10. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    Now everyone who wants one can have a manual transmission gearshift. The Cupholder Shifter. :D
  11. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    From last Saturday's Cars and Coffee event, a Fiat Abarth that's in much better shape than the one I posted some time ago. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few after-market add-ons here. Wing, wheel flares, front spoiler, etc. ...
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Train 12R ran late today. The unusual combination of a northbound train in late day and the placement of the sun in summertime made for a composition I've not been able to shoot before. [D5100]
  13. S

    AI PP is Great and Stinks

    Some photographers so strongly embrace PP technology that every picture they take ends up looking much the same. PP becomes a gimmick that results in a dull portfolio. I don't see it here, but elsewhere on the 'net I do. Growing up with film, I still pay close attention to the basics and...
  14. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    And side mirrors that fold in upon parking. (y) Sunroof too! That's a beautiful car for certain.
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    We're both blessed to have been able to enjoy that era. Good times for sure, sometimes even in the rain. I shot this at Hopewell, NJ on the former Reading main, 07/23/1976. CR was barely four months old and it was business as usual on the RDG. We drove east from IL to visit my cousins, and...
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    With Memorial Day in mind, here is NS 6920, an SD-60E rebuild at Columbia, SC on 01/12/2014. [D5100]
  17. S

    Post your Train shots!

    You have a very sharp eye -- yes it is, a 1976 Model 265. It found its way into another railroad picture in June 1978 somewhere in IN. The 7443 is a former NYC GP-9. I guess the NYC had no need for dynamic brakes. :) I'm sure you too enjoyed your darkroom a bunch. Young photographers these...
  18. S

    Woody's Vea La Luz 2023

    So then, how does the bird get the stick inside? Are they smart enough to be able insert it through the hole or do they somehow break it into smaller pieces? Cool images here!
  19. S

    Marilynne's Wetlands and Other Stuff - 2023

    What's this guy's problem? I must say that your pictures always bring a smile. I don't know much about birds, but their colors, habits and purpose-built bills are fascinating. Your narratives are always helpful in more fully understanding what we're seeing. Thanks! (y)
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From about 1977 at Sutton, IL, an Elgin, Joliet & Eastern freight is on the move. Taken with my Nikkormat FTn on Plus-X film, developed and printed in a basement darkroom built by my Dad for my brother and I. More Geeky Railroad Trivia: Those "A" markers on the signals denote Absolute...
Top