Search results

  1. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Osprey this morning
  2. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Turkey Vulture
  3. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Sunrise
  4. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Lifer. Barred Owl and offspring at Orlando Wetlands.
  5. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    HAPPY EARTH DAY!
  6. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    This young owl had just started branching, and fell from a tree this morning. It was unhurt, and was walking around, likely trying to find a good place to climb back up into another tree where it would be much safer. I kept my distance, and Mom and Dad were keeping a close watch. I lost track of...
  7. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    It was really dark when I took this shot, only a bit of orange light coming over the horizon. This is one of three young owls who have left this nest and are "branching" , still getting food and protection from the parents but a step closer to adulthood.
  8. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    At another nest one of the youngsters has gotten brave enough to stand on the edge of the nest.
  9. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    The babys may be leaving the nest any day now, but this one still wants to cuddle with Mom.
  10. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    At one of the nests I'm watching a couple of the youngsters flew out of the nest this morning and perched nearby. I only got to see this one. Not too long later all three youngsters were asleep back in the nest cavity. I missed the flight shots, and I've been in a bad mood about that all day. :)
  11. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    And yesterday in Colorado we finally got some snow after weeks with almost no precipitation
  12. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Orlando Wetlands sunrise about three weeks ago
  13. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Female Great Horned Owl flying effortlessly through branches and leaves this morning.
  14. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Back in Florida...
  15. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Mom with nutrition for the growing kids
  16. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Mom flew in to visit two of her youngsters who are starting to venture a little out of the nest. She stayed only briefly, then took off. The babies will very soon be flying young adults. :)
Top