Search results

  1. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Avocets that have lost their breeding colors. We seldom see them this way in Colorado.
  2. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    I spend tons of time watching and photographing herons and egrets. One thing I have noticed is that when a very large fish is caught, or one that they have a tenuous grasp on, they will walk to land and swallow it there. That way if it slips out of their mouth it can't get away. In this case...
  3. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Snowy Egret landing in the shade of huge Cottonwood trees with soft morning light.
  4. Woodyg3

    post your aviation shots!

    My wife got to fly one of these once when she was an active pilot. It was a two-place with an instructor, and she di all kinds of cool aerobatic maneuvers.
  5. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    I was on the shoreline, sitting among some plants and quietly enjoying a group of several Great Blue Herons, Snowy Egrets, and Great Egrets in the shallow water. Then, an inconsiderate person in a kayak paddled up and right through the middle of all of the birds. They all launched and flew to...
  6. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Snowy Egret hunting
  7. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    This Osprey might have invaded someone's koi pond. I've seen koi in wild waterways too, though. People who get tired of them will release them into local waterways.
  8. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    A Great Blue Heron caught two fish in one strike, but one managed to get away. A Great Blue Heron caught two fish in one strike, but one managed to get away.
  9. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Wood Duck in non-breeding colors
  10. Woodyg3

    Hi, I'm Alain from France

    Welcome
  11. Woodyg3

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Female Bushtit
Top