Recent content by Lautermilch

  1. L

    Fine tuning a lens

    I do models and did a short modeling session when a model arrived without notice. It looked like things went well but in ACR I saw that was not the case. It turns out the fine tuning setting had been changed somehow. I watched some YT videos on the process to fine tune and decided rather then...
  2. L

    Shooting into lights?

    Thanks, that worked. I am using a lower F stop to keep the flash lower as I already overheated and ruined one a few months After the changes I took some shots on 'Tigger' in my home studio in darkness created by only having a light from another room lit.
  3. L

    Shooting into lights?

    My city of Sebring Florida has a small park in the center and they have added lights all over. People would like images. Tonight I tested my D7000 with a 35MM and saw my first problem was the focus area was too large and it was locking onto the wreath. The second problem was the ISO was auto and...
  4. L

    Sucky Shoot Last Evening

    Nikon D7000 with twin Yongnuo YN560 Speed lights at 128 I have a park that I am using for outdoor shoots or trying to use. Model arrived late for shoot and the quality of the images bothers me. Her top was very reflective and many of the shoots were blow out like I was aiming at a light. Two of...
  5. L

    Best D7000 Focus Settings for an Outdoor MMA Match?

    So tonight I did the test shots in a park. I do models and am happy with my D7000, F/1.8 35 and 50MM and a 70-200 F/2.8 Test shots - https://tinyurl.com/LakePlacidMMA 1. Tried the 70-200. Too slow being mechanical focus. Images 0 -449 . Great for models but not live action. 2. 50mm - better...
  6. L

    Best D7000 Focus Settings for an Outdoor MMA Match?

    I will be taking images of MMA fighters during 'golden hour' I have a D7000 which is just fine for models. So I see that it comes down to me choosing from the smaller sensor area versus 3D tracking. Anyone with experience with this have any suggestions?
  7. L

    Removing leg shadows

    I have strobes at 4 & 8 o'clock and was wondering the simple fix to reflect light back to remove the shadows. Both strobes are on the same power settings. Sample image
  8. L

    Adobe Camera Raw Question About Color

    I have Savage backgrounds with twin SK400 strobes at 4&8 o'clock positions. I did a session with a model on Sunday and I noticed I was not getting the same color black that I got for the blonde model. Same lens, camera, and at F/2.8. Anyone see any other differences that could explain why when...
  9. L

    Lori At Southgate Studio II

    Lori came back for another round with her special outfits. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72177720315822568/
  10. L

    Photographing a running horse?

    I did these images and was not happy with the results so the person wants a rematch https://www.flickr.com/photos/lautermilch/albums/72177720313128388/ The ranch has 200 acres and she wants to do it again on a clear day in an open field. I will set up a location for the flashes next to a tree...
  11. L

    Getting a 'hard' look?

    I do portraits and have been asking to photograph bartenders in a local 'dive' bar so I am looking to do some 'hard' style images. Any presets or actions I can get for doing images like this person is doing - https://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalgrace/
  12. L

    The Games that TFP Models Play

    For those that do models. This has been my overall experience with TFP. https://deanlautermilch.com/the-games-that-tfp-models-play/
Top