Wud's project 365 2014

wud

Re: Wud's project 365

Day 6! Tired, so a quick shot of the cat. Only cropped it in PP, done with the 105mm and tadaaa: flash :) Shot more or less straight up in the sealing.

close_up_egne_dyr_4412_web.jpg

wud

Day 7. Still rainy. Its not the best composition, but they look cute!

Still trying to figure out my flash, WB was difficult with white dogs (image is from my bedroom).

motor_og_voodoo_4461_web.jpg

wud

Day 8.

Dog again, been out all day with the 50mm but well. Didn't use it. No no, not heavy at all, carried around most of the day ;)
I brought the flash for the walk with the dogs, to see how and what and why, but nothing really good came out.

But then we came across this lights hanging in front of an restaurant :D

motor_og_voodoo_4595_web.jpg

Pretzel

Wud's project 365

Knew you had a 365 going, finally found it. Great start, and I can't wait to see the rest of the year!

Last edited:

wud

Day 9, crappy photo, maybe I'll get it right another day. If you can see, there is kind of a shadow around the orange, also I didn't manage to get the whole picture focused properly (right side).

Inspired by Lurchs photos of 4 orange slides, super cool image.

appelsin_4629_web.jpg

wud

Day 11. Shot 400 images of water drops, got angry, did this instead lol. I am a space cowboy!

Rough description of what I did in PS:

- adjusted the image, white balance etc, like you would do with any image
- copied the layer, desaturated it, layer blend: hard light, occupasity 84% (could be less, look at your own image)
- copied layer 1 again, placed it on top, filter -> other -> high pass, 7-8% -- layer blend: overlay, occupasity 40%
- adjusment layer: gradient map (black and white), layer blend: soft light
- adjustment layer: hue/saturation --- lowered saturation to -36
- placed 2 old images on top (one by one), layer blend: screen. One image was lens flare, the other blurred out bookeh. On the lens flare I drawed it up with a white brush.
- added gradient tool, red-no color, left top corner and into the middle (more or less)

mai2_5044_web2.jpg

I did one more - this is more or less the same work progress as above, but at the end, instead of adding other images:

- added a blank layer, with a big soft brush I painted with blue in the top right corner and down, in left side I painted with orange. Layer blend: screen
- new blank layer, drawing with 50% occupasity soft brush the same colors on top, but this time layer blend was color dodge. Did it several times, before I got it right...
- new blank layer: small dots in different colors, lowered the occupasity and made it soft light

Okay. I know. I suck at explaining but I go back and forth when I do it, so its a bit hard to keep track of.. Got around 20 layers.

mai2_5078_web4.jpg

wud

This would be my favourite, love the colour and composition.

The arm is a bit annoying. At least the hand should have been visible. But oh well, it was mostly to get some ideas about what to do tomorrow (studio shooting with my girlfriends daugter yay-yay-yay).