Wud's project 365 2014

wud

Re: Wud's project 365

15 cards:

d92ff772ba2010a0a1eb39bd0e2f0c25.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

RON_RIP

You are absolutely right Mai. You have discovered that which many of us have known for some time. It is always better to print your own, Then, you own the results totally. No one else can interpret your work the way you do. Keep up the good work. I spoke with the Canon rep about leaving my printer on full time and he said it would not save any ink but I think I will try it for awhile and decide on my own what I think works best.

Last edited:

wud

Lol - yeah yeah, I'm a bit slow sometimes.

When the pro-1 turns on, it goes on and on with some mechanical process, but I haven't measured the ink level myself. Also I've read about it several places. But I know it's not the same for every printer.

RON_RIP

When my Pro9500 first turns on it does the same thing and seems to take forever to be ready to print a photo. I am wondering if it is using ink every time it cleans it's heads?

Last edited:

wud

Found this in printknowledge.com

Now the Pro 1 is completely different to the Pro 9500 so there are no figures available as to the amount of ink consumed during cleaning cycles (It’s not wasted ink it’s used for cleaning), the Service manual gives cleaning times and length but no ink usage. (It varies so much)

Each time it cleans it uses about 15 ml of ink in total and other times is uses less than 10 ml, sometime double that so it really depends on how much work you've given it, so it’s impossible to get an accrete amount for each separate time it cleans, but over six months mine used up about a 100 ml.

wud

I just ordered new ink but its way late (probably due to a lot of christmas post), so I went to get a dark grey as this was very empty. And thought I would see how far I could get, with what I had.

That kind of surprised me! I will upload a shot of the supply levels before and after, in next post. I think @RON will find this interesting.

So I printed this for clients:

4 A3+ prints (pretty much filled up with different sizes, amongst 12 4x6 print and a single 12x16 inch) and 11 A4 pages, with approximately 7x10 inch prints (one on each). Only 2 or 3 black and white prints, the rest color.

Its only a few inks which actually dropped so its visible? I have no idea, if it will drop more after a while. I'll of course look before I print next time.

RON_RIP

My Pro 9500 will not print if an ink cartridge is out. I am surprised your printer will. also, I cannot get my printer to print a 4 x 6. 5 x 7 is the smallest size i can print. I have been printing the HAHNEMUHLE SILK BARYTA and am quite pleased with it. It is the heaviest paper I have printed on at 310 gsm. Love the weight of it.

Last edited:

wud

It gave a warning about the black running out (optimizer you can select to and from in print menu).

I cut the sizes afterwards.. So I fill up an A3+ with 9 4x6 prints. Or whatever is best suited.

I got manual and rear feed, and they take different sizes, I'm pretty sure rear feed would print a 4x6.

Sounds like a good paper :)

Sent from Tapatalk

nikonpup

start a new thread with 2015 in the title, i did. I like that i can view all my shots in one thread, makes a nice journal of photo memories.