Vixens 365 for 2015

Vixen

28/365......
Today you get a fly on a stinkhorn fungi

15A_7409_webshot.jpg

Vixen

29/365....tattered butterfly
Yesterday was one of those days that nothing was quite right, so no shots that I was particularly happy with.

15A_7471_webshot.jpg

Vixen

33/365......

bought some black perspex to use in the little light tent I bought, so had to try it out. Very hard to keep it dust free so lots of cleaning up in PS.

15A_7664_webshot.jpg

Vixen

35/364......bark. Was out looking for a shot for the 52 challenge, so both today and this week is bark (but different shots :D )

15A_7725_webshot.jpg

Horoscope Fish

I would like to ask if I'm the only one seeing what appears to me to be a fairly significant green color cast to these last few shots. I certainly don't mean to criticize, I think these are some truly wonderful shots, and it's entirely possible, likely even, that the problem lies not with your images but with my monitor (I'm at work it's not been calibrated, etc).

Allow me, please, to illustrate...

Your Original:
original.jpg
Adjusted Version:
adjusted.jpg
All I did to your original was reduce the Green channel mid-tones by ten points (Image/Adjustments/Levels; switch to Green channel, adjust mid-tone slider) and I think it renders much more true-to-life color. But again, it could just be on my end.

Lovely compositions either way!

Vixen

I would like to ask if I'm the only one seeing what appears to me to be a fairly significant green color cast to these last few shots. I certainly don't mean to criticize, I think these are some truly wonderful shots, and it's entirely possible, likely even, that the problem lies not with your images but with my monitor (I'm at work it's not been calibrated, etc).

Allow me, please, to illustrate...

Your Original:
View attachment 138835
Adjusted Version:
View attachment 138836
All I did to your original was reduce the Green channel mid-tones by ten points (Image/Adjustments/Levels; switch to Green channel, adjust mid-tone slider) and I think it renders much more true-to-life color. But again, it could just be on my end.

Lovely compositions either way!

No....I think you are right Paul. I can see the difference with the two side by side (so to speak). I'll have to keep an eye on the greens as it's not the first time it's been commented on. Thanks :D

*Edit...just been in and recalibrated my monitor......I did need to pull the greens back. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Last edited: