Vixens 365 for 2015

Vixen

111/365........surf

Due to a pretty severe East Coast Low down on the central coast of NSW, we have had some bigger than usual surf this week. Watched a couple of blokes out in the surf off the headland. They had a jetski and were using that to get out on to the waves (the old method of paddling out would have been all but impossible and very tiring). They swapped places a few times and were catching wave after wave. Made for good entertainment anyway

15B_1359_webshot.jpg

112/365......Kingfisher

This little fella has been hanging around my garden lately

15B_1576_webshot.jpg

Vixen

113/365.... 360

I wish I had been focussed on the waterskier and not the boat, but such is life. One of those times I wish I'd had the Tamzooka with me :(

15B_1677_webshot.jpg

Vixen

Ah, good to know. Some of the reports on TV looked pretty bad.

It was apparently the equivalent of a grade 2 cyclone. The central coast around Newcastle and north Sydney were worst hit I think. Dungog really suffered with houses being totally destroyed by the rapidly rising water...a little like Grantham a couple of years ago. My brother in Sydney had the gable of his house blow in and the roof leak resulting in water in a couple of rooms of his house and a 100mm deep river running thru his garage.

Vixen

113/365.......banksia spinulosa flower

15B_1708_webshot.jpg

114/365....hoverfly

15B_1736_webshot.jpg

and on that note I have to say after 479 days of a shot every day I think I'm going to call it a day. I need a break I think.