Contributor
Week 20. Great Blue Heron and chicks.

ROY_6931.jpg

ROY_6937.jpg

ROY_7002.jpg

ROY_7091.jpg

Roy1961

Contributor
i will have to reserve a space for now, i have a few birds in my 365 thread from sunday i need to id, just incase i have something i might never see in a while. lol

Stoshowicz

Since the light is going through the bill ,which is a bit open, its hard to tell if this is elegant or caspian from that, I believe the black on the underwing of the elegant tern is more restricted to the tips, so I think your ID is correct . Im not familiar with elegant , since we dont have that one, and so Im not sure if that part about the black is reliable.

Roy1961

Contributor
had a look at the Elegant Tern (never heard of it) but according to the Google images I saw it has grey on the top of the wings, this was all white, but pretty similar, Thanks Stoshowicz, I will keep a look out for this tern.

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
Lol, no i was asked that earlier, someone trying to confirm it, dug thru the trash looking for anything. You not convinced ? Its bluer and less grey than what the book and app shows.

sent from Pandora's 'Mr Bean' blue lagoon.

Stoshowicz

Lol, no i was asked that earlier, someone trying to confirm it, dug thru the trash looking for anything. You not convinced ? Its bluer and less grey than what the book and app shows.

sent from Pandora's 'Mr Bean' blue lagoon.
I think youve got another choice , umm black capped gnatcatcher which I am not familiar with , except to say that the white on the undertail is more reduced on the end. Your ID is probably correct though, Im not saying it isnt.. except for the bittern ,which to me looks like an immature green heron. ;)