Roy1961

Contributor
Week 8. A Dark eyed Junco.

ROY_8615.JPG

ROY_8617.JPG

ROY_8696.JPG

Roy1961

Contributor
Week 14. A Hutton's Viero (thanks to Stoshowicz) a new bird for me.

ROY_2970.JPG

ROY_2973.JPG

ROY_2976.JPG

or a kinglet?

Attachments

• ROY_2968.JPG
    ROY_2968.JPG
    516.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Stoshowicz

Either hutton's vireo or ruby crowned kinglet , my money would be on Hutton's, you want to see if theres black at the base of the visible portions of the primaries ,, got a side view? even if its not the best shot it will aid ID.

Roy1961

Contributor
Either hutton's vireo or ruby crowned kinglet , my money would be on Hutton's, you want to see if theres black at the base of the visible portions of the primaries ,, got a side view? even if its not the best shot it will aid ID.

i didnt have any other shots of it, after much searching i agree with you on the hutton's, a new bird sighting for me, thanks for the help. I originally thought it was a kinglet when i was shooting at it, i did say to @wev but he may not have heard me as he was busy shooting the nutmeg.

Roy1961

Contributor

i didnt have any other shots of it, after much searching i agree with you on the hutton's, a new bird sighting for me, thanks for the help. I originally thought it was a kinglet when i was shooting at it, i did say to @wev but he may not have heard me as he was busy shooting the nutmeg.

Stoshowicz

They really Do look pretty identical , I don't have that one ,, species ,, yet.

Roy1961

Contributor
Tried to post week 18 earlier this morning but couldn't get on the forum either from my laptop or phone? Will post it tonight.

sent from Pandora's 'Mr Bean' blue lagoon.

Roy1961

Contributor
Week 19, Green Heron (and chicks).

ROY_6452.JPG

ROY_6454.JPG

ROY_6466.JPG

ROY_6469.JPG

first sighting since 2014. Now that i have posted it in here i am sure i will see it again, seen all the birds again that i have posted in this thread except the Barn Owl.