Resizing Photos For This Site

BackdoorArts

@sonicbuffalo in LR make sure that in the Metadata section of your export the pull-down is set to All Metadata. There's an option in there for Except Camera & Camera RAW data and I suspect you may have inadvertently switched it to that.

Here's the weird thing, if I right-click on your image and use the FxIF plug-in on my browser I can see the camera data for your image even though I can't see it all when I mouse over it...

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 7.56.47 AM.jpg

...but, when I mouse over Elliott's I can see all the data, but when I use the FxIF tool it says there's no metadata found.

Something strange is afoot.

Pretzel

The EXIF craziness, displaying on forum pics anyway, was noted after the last LR update. I know jdeg has taken a look at it, but definitely something changed... I think (without looking up that thread) that it's effecting only pics exported from the new LR patch.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@sonicbuffalo in LR make sure that in the Metadata section of your export the pull-down is set to All Metadata. There's an option in there for Except Camera & Camera RAW data and I suspect you may have inadvertently switched it to that.

Here's the weird thing, if I right-click on your image and use the FxIF plug-in on my browser I can see the camera data for your image even though I can't see it all when I mouse over it...

View attachment 160061

...but, when I mouse over Elliott's I can see all the data, but when I use the FxIF tool it says there's no metadata found.

Something strange is afoot.

I just added the Firefox FxIF extension and got the same results as you with Firefox; however, when I use Chrome to view Chris' photo, it displays the EXIF properly as is shown below. Strange for sure.

sonicbuffalo chrome.jpg

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@BackdoorHippie, @Pretzel, and @hark: & [MENTION=13090]Horoscope Fish[/MENTION]

Jake, I do have it set to 'all metadata', pretzel......don't know why the exif stuff is going on.....I was referring to some of my previous photos that I posted in this thread as far as it not showing the camera make and model.....like try the airplane exif. hark......I use Chrome 99% of the time so maybe that explains that! maybe?

fish.....why don't you ever ask questions? lol Oz

Last edited:

Pretzel

pretzel......don't know why the exif stuff is going on.....I was referring to some of my previous photos that I posted in this thread as far as it not showing the camera make and model.....like try the airplane exif.

LOL

Guessing you're exporting your final photo from the newly updated LR? Something changed there so that it's showing "corporation" instead of the camera model.

http://nikonites.com/post-processin...ctly.html?highlight=corporation#axzz3bXQRNpeL

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@BackdoorHippie, @Pretzel, and @hark: & @Horoscope Fish

Jake, I do have it set to 'all metadata', pretzel......don't know why the exif stuff is going on.....I was referring to some of my previous photos that I posted in this thread as far as it not showing the camera make and model.....like try the airplane exif. hark......I use Chrome 99% of the time so maybe that explains that! maybe?

fish.....why don't you ever ask questions? lol Oz

The part about not displaying the camera make and model comes from exporting out of the new Lightroom CC. I think it affects everyone who views the EXIF data on photos exported and saved as jpegs from LCC. From what I remember, when a photo is edited in LCC then finished in PCC, it works properly. Something isn't reading the EXIF properly on jpegs exported from LCC, but I don't think it is anything jdeg can fix. It's more of an Adobe LCC glitch.

Horoscope Fish

[I just added the Firefox FxIF extension and got the same results as you with Firefox; however, when I use Chrome to view Chris' photo, it displays the EXIF properly as is shown below. Strange for sure.
When hovering on photos in this thread using Internet Exploder (without add-ons) the EXIF data displays correctly for all photos.

Could this could be Firefox mishandling Javascript perhaps?

Pretzel

When hovering on photos in this thread using Internet Exploder (without add-ons) the EXIF data displays correctly for all photos.

You're seeing something in camera model other than "Corporation"? I just tried in IE 8 and Chrome, and don't see the correct model listed on quite a few of the pics.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

You're seeing something in camera model other than "Corporation"? I just tried in IE 8 and Chrome, and don't see the correct model listed on quite a few of the pics.

Same here Pretzel......nothing different with IE 8......I think it's a LRCC problem....why? Because there's no one else to blame it on! :rolleyes:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Well...here's my IE 11 (without add-ons). ;) Still shows Corporation.

IE sonicbuffalo.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Sorry, I guess I wasn't being clear. I'm seeing "CORPORATION" on some EXIF data windows like everyone else.

I was referring to the EXIF window itself not displaying correctly in FF being a possible JS issue.

J-see

I see the EXIF correctly when using Chrome on the PC or Safari on the Mac. FF must be the reason.

Elliot87

I have a different question. When exporting my images from Lightroom, what pixels per inch (ppi) is best for use on forums? I think my most recent exports were 70 or 72 ppi but I have also exported at 240ppi.

J-see

I have a different question. When exporting my images from Lightroom, what pixels per inch (ppi) is best for use on forums? I think my most recent exports were 70 or 72 ppi but I have also exported at 240ppi.

Most common is 72 dpi since it is the monitor standard. More doesn't make any difference.

Edit: I just checked my monitors dpi and this one is 96 so I will have to look into this as time might have caught up with the 72 dpi standard. I wonder if it makes much difference since online all is displayed in pixels.

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
What a thread this has turned out to be. It doesn't seem like any real answers, only more questions. Ha! Just for the sake of information, I upload all of my .jpg images scaled to 1200 on the long side and 72 dpi. My exif data always shows up unless I manipulate the image using HDR or some stitch software. If I upload a .png file, I have noticed that the exif data is stripped and the image is converted to .jpg on this site (I think that is what I saw the other day. Ha!). Once the image is uploaded, I usually double click on it and set it to Left and Medium or Large. That is what works for me. No LRCC or anything to mess things up. Ha!!

cbay

I don't have a clue to most of what's been discussed, maybe that's why my images on here look overdone/sharpened. I just do them to my liking on my laptop or monitor and export a jpeg from lightroom. Had to turn down the quality setting on lr import, but other than that i'm lost. :confused:

thequeenscheese

I find it easiest to use nx2 to convert them to 2000 down one side ( some pics are still over the kb size tho) by copying them to one folder and doing a batch process convert ( multiple select then click convert).

ive also noticed that albums won't allow same size pics as general posting, I've found the uploading a bit hit and miss tbh for one reason or another I think a good addition to the site would be to have an auto resizer for uploaded pics as I'm finding duplicates of duplicates on my pc now this would help save that.

also for anyone having trouble ive found that disabling the security software helps or creating a rule for the upload box url address.