Post your 150-600 Tamron shots.

480sparky

.......A lot of people are concerned about the speed of this lens. ......

Two things will really allay these fears if you think about them.

1. The lens' VC is terrific. I've consistently gotten blur-free images down to 1/30 at 600mm.

2. Modern DSLRs are so good at higher ISOs these days. The fear of noise shooting at 400 or 800 or even 1600 should be eliminated from your mind.

grandpaw

Two things will really allay these fears if you think about them.

1. The lens' VC is terrific. I've consistently gotten blur-free images down to 1/30 at 600mm.

2. Modern DSLRs are so good at higher ISOs these days. The fear of noise shooting at 400 or 800 or even 1600 should be eliminated from your mind.

I agree with you. I have had no problems at all hand holding this lens. A lot of comments about this lens are saying that it has a slow aperture, and I was just comparing it to the Nikon 70-200 F2.8 with a 2x teleconverter on it that Kevin has ask about.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree with you. I have had no problems at all hand holding this lens. A lot of comments about this lens are saying that it has a slow aperture, and I was just comparing it to the Nikon 70-200 F2.8 with a 2x teleconverter on it that Kevin has ask about.

I met some guy at Wako today that waited four months for his lens. Did you have a long wait?

grandpaw

I met some guy at Wako today that waited four months for his lens. Did you have a long wait?

I had a day off in Houston while getting a chemo treatment and visited a camera store and by some mirrical they had one brand new in their storeroom so I bought it. I did have one at B&H Camera on pre order and cancelled it.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I had a day off in Houston while getting a chemo treatment and visited a camera store and by some mirrical they had one brand new in their storeroom so I bought it. I did have one at B&H Camera on pre order and cancelled it.

Good deal. He ordered it from B&H and was told there were 134 people ahead of him.

grandpaw

Took this one today hand held with my Tamron 150-600mm at 600mm

_DSC5616.jpg

Lee532

Getting jealous of all these stunning shots, I have been trying to get one in the UK but suppliers I have talked to have outstanding customer back orders from June! :(

photogramps

Getting jealous of all these stunning shots, I have been trying to get one in the UK but suppliers I have talked to have outstanding customer back orders from June! :(

and a few who have them and realise the shortfall have been adding around £100 to the cost!

RockyNH_RIP

I have been finding the same... no regulars have it in stock and the ebay sellers are looking for the "supply & demand" premium..

Still waiting....

Pat in GA