Post your 150-600 Tamron shots.

wev

Contributor
The lens? :confused: If so, what's going on with it? I thought this one worked better.

Yes, back to Tamron. It looks like I wore out the focus motor. Lately it would randomly refuse to focus, giving a tick, tick, pause, tick, tick, pause, etc until I remounted the body. The DOF was also doing odd things -- on a static shot in good light, one pic would look normal for f9, then the next would look like it was f5, then back to f9. They think the electronic aperture is shot, too.

mikew_RIP

Yes, back to Tamron. It looks like I wore out the focus motor. Lately it would randomly refuse to focus, giving a tick, tick, pause, tick, tick, pause, etc until I remounted the body. The DOF was also doing odd things -- on a static shot in good light, one pic would look normal for f9, then the next would look like it was f5, then back to f9. They think the electronic aperture is shot, too.

If you remember the early days when i had problems with the original one i came to the conclusion that i had worn it out, being retired and at least 100 shots a day was a lot more than most put on them.

wev

Contributor
If you remember the early days when i had problems with the original one i came to the conclusion that i had worn it out, being retired and at least 100 shots a day was a lot more than most put on them.

And being in the 500-600 a day range my self, I'm not surprised either. I need to get a life.