nidding's first year of shooting - 365 2014

nidding

Re: nidding's first year of shooting

Those pictures look good! :)
I'm not sure if Elements is available for Linux though.

I got a few new corals yesterday. So that's where we're going for day 4

Day 4

Last edited:

Flugelbinder

Very nice colors. Like the bottles shot too, but my fav (so far) is the B&W with the shaving products... Good job!

nidding

The erather today was really grey and boring, and I got out of the door, to try to take some photos, way to late, so before I found anything worth shooting, the light was almost gone.
But then I remembered that I bought a cheap reverse macro ring, that I hadn't really used. So I screwed on a 28mm lens, and made some experiments. DOF is thinner than paper and all in all, I don't think I'll be using that ring a whole lot. But it does get you really close

Day 5

nidding

Very nice colors. Like the bottles shot too, but my fav (so far) is the B&W with the shaving products... Good job!

Thank you :)
So far I'm enjoying this project.
Cool that you like the B/W thing. Maybe I should try to get some ideas before shooting, like I did on that one, rather than just looking around and try and capture what I see, as I usually do :)

RockyNH_RIP

Day 4

Coral came out good... Love the colors! Nice job!

Pat in NH

piperbarb

Day 4

Very beautiful. The colors are so amazing that they almost do not look real. Bet they are absolutely stunning to see in person. Thanks for sharing.

nidding

Very beautiful. The colors are so amazing that they almost do not look real. Bet they are absolutely stunning to see in person. Thanks for sharing.
Yes. A lot of the more colourful corals totally look like they are made of plastic or are from some sort of sci-fi movie like Avatar. They are living creatures though, and really enjoyable to have in the living room. At least I think so :)

nidding

Argh. Had no time for photography today. Two exams are approaching fast, so for the next week and a half, the effort from me will probably be minimal.
I did pop by the museum where I have my student job, and managed to take a photo there.
Had to remove some modern stuff, that had sneaked in there, and also played with some vignetting. Haven't tried much of this stuff before, but feel like I managed okay for a n00b ;)

Day 6

Last edited:

nidding

Hmm. Just looked at it on another screen and the colors seem a bit weird to me. Haven't got time to mess about with it more for tonight though :/

Moab Man

That's one of the things I miss about living in Europe - the old buildings and styling. A country that is merely just a toddler in comparison doesn't offer much.

nidding

That's one of the things I miss about living in Europe - the old buildings and styling. A country that is merely just a toddler in comparison doesn't offer much.

Yeah. I guess we don't really enjoy it as much as we should - living with all this history around us :)
Well, actually I'm pretty much a history geek, so I would say that I enjoy my fair share. But apart from that...

Actually the museum that I work at, is a collection of historical building from all over the country, dating as far back as the renaissance, and rebuild to serve as a open air museum. So there we have a whole lot of historical buildings at one location. It's a great place to visit with a camera, I guess. At least if you're not in a hurry :)

Last edited:

nidding

Today was one more day with way too little time to come up with something cleaver. So I thought that I might combine my girlfriend's hobby with my hobby, and take a picture of some of here knitting stuff :)
I still think I have a lot to learn when it comes to shooting yarn...

Day 7

nidding

Okay.
Day 9

I had a deadline for an exam today, so yesterday was not really a photo day, to say the least. I did take a few minutes to grab a shot of some of my girlfriend’s handy-work. So that's what you get for yesterday :)

She will need a lot of shots for a blog-thingy she's putting together, so I can use all the critique you can give for this one :)

Scott Murray

Okay.
Day 9

I had a deadline for an exam today, so yesterday was not really a photo day, to say the least. I did take a few minutes to grab a shot of some of my girlfriend’s handy-work. So that's what you get for yesterday :)

She will need a lot of shots for a blog-thingy she's putting together, so I can use all the critique you can give for this one :)
Maybe place it on a less distracting surface, that is all I can think of.

James Clark

Some nice shots there fella. you have a bunch of real nice shots on here. I like the one of the sign reflected in the water its real eerie and moody.

nidding

Maybe place it on a less distracting surface, that is all I can think of.
Agree with Scott the carpet pattern is distracting
Thank you both for the comments :)
I have to agree with you. A more neutral background would definitely clear up the image a whole lot and put focus on the subject. I will try to come up with something better :)
Some nice shots there fella. you have a bunch of real nice shots on here. I like the one of the sign reflected in the water its real eerie and moody.
Thanks a bunch, James. I kinda like the feeling in that one as well. I was actually at the same location the very first day I went out to try out my new camera, and it was fun how all kinds of new angles shoved up to me now :)