nidding's first year of shooting - 365 2014

nidding

Re: nidding's first year of shooting

Great shots Jonas. That city hall tower is beautifully composed and lit.

And those eyes!
Oh my goodness those eyes with the matching multi coloured cloth - just amazing.
I would crop it very tight on the the left though so it is just Dagmar in the photo - not to take anything from your wife (I presume it is her in the photo)
Don't tell her I said so ... ;)
Thanks a lot, Lawrence :)
The blue sky reflecting in her eyes magically suited the wrap perfectly. Pretty lucky shot :)
I had the same notion as you with the crop, and made this version when I went over the photo the first round
DSC_0932-2 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr
I like it, but I think that the empty space behind Dagmar actually works in favour of the picture. Maybe I should try an even tighter crop :)

Merry Christmas to everyone. I'll return with the last few days' shot tomorrow :)

nidding

Day 359
This came out a lot more sinister than expected. I was just photographing some Christmas decorations, but honestly the angel in the back looks pretty suicidal to me
DSC_1054 by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

Roy1961

Contributor

i have enjoyed your thread jonas, well done on getting (almost) to the finish line.

nidding

Day 363
More testing with stacking. This one gave me some real headache, as PS kept crashing on me every time I tried to auto-align more than 4 images at once. Have not figured out what's up yet, but suspet that it might be hardware related, as I use a very cheap and old laptop.
Stack by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

nidding

Day 364
This closely resembles the previous photo, since I actually didn't figure out the 4-picture issue till today. So this was a test to try and figure out what I had done wrong. But the practice never hurt :)
The problem with only being able to use 4 pictures really shows here in the "USA" part of the writing.
Stack by jonas_sandager, on Flickr

nidding

Concluding thoughts
So that's the end of 2014, what a year!
Personally the year has probably been the one with the biggest ups but also the biggest downs for me, so far. I have lost two dear grand parents, and within the last week, the year claimed another person, who have meant a lot to me growing up. On the other side, both I and my twin sister have been fortunate enough to have a wonderful daughter each, who are both doing great. On top of that I've gotten married to my wonderful wife. So, lots of things has happened.
All this has had its effect on the photos in this thread, and it has ended up being filled with considerably more family photos than I had expected at the outset. This might have made the thread a bit less relevant to most outsiders, but it has meant the world to me, as it for instance meant that I now have a photo of my grand dad with my baby girl on his lap, on his very last day alive on this earth. A precious token, that I surely would not have had, were it not for this project.
While others have certainly had a steeper learning curve through the year, I still feel like I have learned a lot through the year, and have improved a lot on most aspects.
It has been a hard journey though, and I would like to say thanks to everyone who has taken their time to look at my photos, comment, critique, or just pressed "like" on some of them. This is without doubt what has kept me going all the way through. Thank you all!

nidding

Thanks Mike :)
Luckily I can say, after all, that it was a good year, as the light sides shines way brighter than the dark ones :)

wud

Well done finishing! And some great stuff in this thread :) You made it seem so easy actually, even though you've of course once in a while wrote, it was difficult to keep finding new stuff to shoot.

Happy new year!

Sent from Tapatalk