New Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3

pictaker64

I have not,thanks,looks quite promising.....gonna have to dive in when they come out.Hoping they have them here in the states by the end of march,thats when our ospreys return to build nests and lay eggs.Lots of great opportunities for action shots then...

480sparky

I have not,thanks,looks quite promising.....gonna have to dive in when they come out.Hoping they have them here in the states by the end of march,thats when our ospreys return to build nests and lay eggs.Lots of great opportunities for action shots then...

Better dive in NOW if you want one before school starts this fall.

480sparky

Have my local shop on the lookout,as soon as he gets one..I will :D

I put my name in as soon as the local shop got wind of them. I'm getting the second one they receive. As of now, their pre-order list is up to 30 or so. They're currently getting just 3 Canon mounts at a time, about every 2 weeks.

So by the time the F mount actually hits the store, you may not actually get your paws on one for quite a while.

Krs_2007

Another one

I saw that video and laughed, she just wasn't moving fast enough for me. It does seem to do pretty good but I would really like to see someone shoot an actual fast moving sport of some kind. The colors, details and speed seemed to be really good.

Ironwood

I am 99% sure I will buy one of these eventually, as I am pretty sure it will be OK for what I want to do with it.
Though I would like to see a review like this one, where someone is shooting birds, stationary and in flight.

Jonathan

Watching this. I might get it as a present from me to me when I change jobs. Imagine this with my 2x TC!

(Dons tin hat and ducks.)

rocketman122

interesting lens. I would love a lens like this to do some nice B&G pics. get a nice compressed sunset shot with a huge sun. yes cliche but impressive. there is this other beach area where I can compress the waves and rocks in the background. but will wait a while to get it. let the bugs worked out, and let the price drop to below $1k. looks good.

wth cant tamron make a lens without zoom creep?

Last edited:

ajsorrell

I'm getting excited and worried about this lens at the same time. I planed to order it in July while I'm in the US but it sounds like I may want to order it one month ago instead...

SkvLTD

If and when I hear good reviews and muster up that whopping G, I'd love to move to something like this from my 70-300. Can NEVER have too much reach when you want reach.

wev

Contributor
Oh, I'm convinced it would be wonderful to have, but in my case a little like putting premium Pirellis on the 30 year old MB diesel I drive to work. But I'll keep dreaming.

Rick M

I just stopped by my dealer and handled the Canon mount, this is a sweet lens! Very well made, looks great, balanced with a very significant tripod mount. Not pro build, but close enough for my needs. All controls were very smooth, if it is as good as it looks, it's a steal!