New Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3

mikew_RIP

Nice pictures,translate detect says Dutch

Always difficult to swift water and little creepers ( Certhia brachydactyla , Grimpereau des Jardins,
Short - toed Treecreeper ) moreover usually creep along the dark side of the trees
looking for insects. So high iso set , this picture I was quite ' denoising . In Zoetermeer .

This morning, as always made ​​my Monday round . Not with my trusty Canon lens ,
but with the test lens Tamron 150-600 mm . Along the way , and also by e- mail are always asked :
and , what was your first impression? But they can not give you in the middle of a test phase , which would be incomplete .
Moreover, I must well get used to such a long lens . But there is a final judgment !

In this Bird Diary pictures I have in the field with the Tamron today made ​​from rice bag
and house sparrows by double glazed tripod in the garden . I love working with tripod .
All pictures are cropped / cropped . I have the camera information ( EXIF ) leave . In pictures
Which allows anyone with an exif reader view . The (stored ) pictures on the hard disk
or with a plug-in in your browser vogeldagboek.nl . There is also the distance to th

:D

LensWork

I got to try one yesterday (Canon mount on a 5D Mark III) and the VC (vibration compensation) was pretty amazing. Hand-held shots at 600mm, 1/60 were sharp.

Ironwood

I got to try one yesterday (Canon mount on a 5D Mark III) and the VC (vibration compensation) was pretty amazing. Hand-held shots at 600mm, 1/60 were sharp.

That sounds very promising. I watched a utube video yesterday that showed its focusing speed, which looked pretty good to me.
The big decider for me will be IQ, which I am still to be convinced on.
And then its also a matter of how much extra we will have to pay over here because we live in Australia.

PapaST

BandH, like others, had it for pre-order anticipating January 17th availability. They now list it at March 31st. yeesh... orders must be fairly healthy. At least we'll have plenty out there for the test market.

Ironwood

I wonder if only the Canon mount preorders shipped already ? I haven't heard any mention of any Nikon mounts that have been tested yet, maybe they haven't even made any with a Nikon mount yet.

PapaST

Dustin Abbot does a review with this lens. He seems to think this is a game changer for Tamron:

After shooting more than a thousand frames with this lens, I believe that I can safely say that Tamron does in fact have a game-changer on its hands.This lens defies all expectations (including my own).

http://dustinabbott.net/2014/01/tamron-sp-150-600mm-f5-6-3-di-vc-usd-review/

What I got from the review is that given the market and the pricepoint for this lens, the Tamron outperforms its price. That's a good sign.