My Journey With Flash And Continuous Light...

ShootRaw

DSC_3285web.jpg

Krs_2007

@ShootRaw, the pictures look good. I noticed you have an Ice Light and I was looking at one the other day in the store. Trying to figure out the use as it seems really small. What are you thoughts and how are you using it? I've looked online but wanted to hear your thoughts.

ShootRaw

I mainly use it for low- light environments.. I have a big shoot Sunday and will use it at sunset.. Stay tuned... I use my flash more, but the Icelight has it's place in my camera bag... Very soft beautiful light...

Krs_2007

I mainly use it for low- light environments.. I have a big shoot Sunday and will use it at sunset.. Stay tuned... I use my flash more, but the Icelight has it's place in my camera bag... Very soft beautiful light...

I was very intrigued by the light and will waiting for your pictures. If you could take an extra picture, I would like to see the setup of how you use if you think about it.

SkvLTD

That actually got me thinking, perhaps one of the heavy duty custom lightsabers for more than half the price since those should give about the same effect minus power adjustment.

Does that thing simply shine 360* and you figure out where you want it or?

ShootRaw

That actually got me thinking, perhaps one of the heavy duty custom lightsabers for more than half the price since those should give about the same effect minus power adjustment.

Does that thing simply shine 360* and you figure out where you want it or?

Don't trust the knock off brands..You will get color cast green tint etc..The Ice Light has a high CRI number and is daylight balanced...I have the Ice Pack as well which comes with barndoors, Cto hard plastic gel , back pack, car charger etc...For the pics with the model I did not use doors..The pic with the martial artist with shirt off..I used the cto gel and put camera on tungsten to get the effect..

SkvLTD

Don't trust the knock off brands..You will get color cast green tint etc..The Ice Light has a high CRI number and is daylight balanced...I have the Ice Pack as well which comes with barndoors, Cto hard plastic gel , back pack, car charger etc...For the pics with the model I did not use doors..The pic with the martial artist with shirt off..I used the cto gel and put camera on tungsten to get the effect..

I was just saying that for what that thing is, that's waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive.

ShootRaw

Its the cost of a speedlite, but is great for night-time / Low light photography..
I get better results with it in those situations versus a strobe/speedlight..

hulk2012

Its the cost of a speedlite, but is great for night-time / Low light photography..
I get better results with it in those situations versus a strobe/speedlight..

Agree. It's a solid piece of engendering giving very creative outcomes. I also love my orb ring light though..