My Journey With Flash And Continuous Light...

ShootRaw

untitled-4493.jpguntitled-4494.jpg
Well Looky Looky

ShootRaw

I like it. Can you tell me what lights to you use and whether you would recommend profoto b1? Thanks.
What type of photography are you in to? Portraits, etc..? Will you be shooting outside a lot or in a studio? The new profoto b1 is an awesome strobe..I wanted one initially, but at $2000 just for the strobe...I looked at other options..The air controller is another $400..eeek So I bought the Einstein 640ws strobe for $500 and couldn't be happier. You will need a receiver to plug into the strobe $29 and a trigger..I bought the cyber commander ($180) so I can trigger and control more then one strobe from it being on the hotshoe of my camera..This way I don't have to physically walk up to the lights to change power..It doubles as a light meter as well.

hulk2012

I do Indoor/outdoor portraits breaking into pr/advertising. Thought of b1 however with not TTL support for my nikon and no HSS might opt out for something else. Is Einstein the best gear within this price range? How about qFlash?

hulk2012

One additional item you may want to purchase for the Paul Buff gear is a CyberSync™ Trigger Transmitter. If you put that in your hot shoe you can move around with the Cyber Commander instead of removing it from the hot shoe every time you want to use it for a light meter. Overall it is just a lot more convenient. You control the lights with the Cyber Commander but trigger them with the trigger transmitter. Especially convenient if you are shooting tethered and need to adjust the lighting. You don't need to get up and go to the camera to change a setting on the Cyber Commander.

Looks good. I like the electronic display. What receiver would you recommend?

hulk2012

Depends on the strobe you are using. If you are using Einsteins then you want the CSXCV Transceiver. If you are using Alien Bees then it depends on if you want the receivers to be AC powered (CSR+) or battery powered (CSRB+). I use the battery powered ones. They can also be used to trigger speedlites. I use them sometimes to trigger Olympus FL-50s that I have if I need a kicker light or another extra light for some reason.

Ahh great.. So you saying CSRB+ can trigger any speedlights?