My Journey With Flash And Continuous Light...

dukatum

Really like these shots of the kids, the boy and those sunnies looks so damn cool!

Does that Tshirt say "Cool Like Dad" ?

Lawrence

What a cool thread. Portraits and lighting is something I think I want to get into but there is so much to learn and possibly so much to buy!
I am looking at cheap lighting systems right now. So hard to decided.

Lawrence

Just checked out Paul C Buff and they are very honest and discouraging of International sales. Their detailed explanation for this is refreshing and honest.
And it makes sense.

ShootRaw

untitled-1517.jpg
Having fun with just the edge lights in the frame...

Blacktop

What is that?

It's his journey with flash and continuous light.....

He took 3 shots.

The first is a drummer (person that plays the drums) just after hitting the crash cymbal. ( I know he just finished hitting it because he is muting the sound with his left hand. If he was getting ready to hit said cymbal he would not be doing that).

The second pic is also of a drummer (person that plays the drums).
He is getting ready to either practice or getting ready for a gig.

My thinking is, that he is doing neither. I believe this drummer (person who plays the drums) is just posing for a pick.
My reasoning would be that if he is getting ready for practice, that he would not be wearing anything but a t-shirt, as drumming is a hard and sweaty job.
Most likely he is not getting ready for a gig, because I do not see any refreshments about him. Drumming under hot lights would require said drummer (person who plays the drums) to consume lots of liquids (most likely water) during his performance .
(beer and Jack Daniels come after the show when the drummer (person who plays the drums) "relaxes with his cinnamon girl" (Neil Young said that)

The third pic. Said drummer (person who plays the drums) looks like he's getting ready to kick someones ass for asking stupid questions.

hulk2012

It's his journey with flash and continuous light.....

He took 3 shots.

The first is a drummer (person that plays the drums) just after hitting the crash cymbal. ( I know he just finished hitting it because he is muting the sound with his left hand. If he was getting ready to hit said cymbal he would not be doing that).

The second pic is also of a drummer (person that plays the drums).
He is getting ready to either practice or getting ready for a gig.

My thinking is, that he is doing neither. I believe this drummer (person who plays the drums) is just posing for a pick.
My reasoning would be that if he is getting ready for practice, that he would not be wearing anything but a t-shirt, as drumming is a hard and sweaty job.
Most likely he is not getting ready for a gig, because I do not see any refreshments about him. Drumming under hot lights would require said drummer (person who plays the drums) to consume lots of liquids (most likely water) during his performance .
(beer and Jack Daniels come after the show when the drummer (person who plays the drums) "relaxes with his cinnamon girl" (Neil Young said that)

The third pic. Said drummer (person who plays the drums) looks like he's getting ready to kick someones ass for asking stupid questions.

If he could only do so.. Besides there is nothing like stupid question

Blacktop

Besides there is nothing like stupid question

That is a myth perpetrated by feel good types who wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings.
Trust me, during my 52 years on this planet I've heard plenty of stupid questions.