Marcel's 2015 daily, weekly, photo gathering

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
She's beautiful. :) I have a soft spot for calico cats. My one cat, Micah, is a diluted calico. Did you use on camera flash, off camera flash, or are the catch lights from something else?
Thanks for le comment. The light is 100% natural from a window in the shade.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Today is still very cold, -25C. But I decided to go and have a look over the river a bit farther than where I live. Got the Df out for about 15 minutes without any problem. Not the same with my fingers though... :)

Few shots from different perspectives.

-25C.jpg

MCC_4628.jpg

MCC_4636.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It's in the winter that my inukshuk looks the best, the top rock with a snow cap almost looks human.
MCC_4638.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The joys of winter just to remind my friends who recently moved south what they are missing (Pat)
Joys of winter.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
You may keep your snow! ;)

These last two photos seem rather dark for snow. Is that intentional, or is it my monitor?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Leaf stuck in ice.

MCC_4669.jpg

Bird winter condo
winter bird condo.jpg

And our cat posing again in a sun ray

MCC_4656.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, the temperature just got warmer all of a sudden so things are dripping. As much as I tried to get a drop just getting away from an icicle, I just missed and missed. So this is the best I came up with.

MCC_4727.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well the day was mostly spent indoors, doing some book keeping, had my snowblower repaired and did errands. But, just as twilight came about, I took the Df and 16-35 out for a few shots.

OMG.jpg

Vue.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Perfect ski day. Not too warm, but the best snow conditions I've seen this year. (Ricoh WG-4)
perfect ski day.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll try to make myself a resolution to which whenever I post a picture with a non-Nikon camera, I'll have to post one made with a Nikon on the same day.

So here's a sunset on the frozen river near my house. Someone asked me if the river was frozen a while back, so here's the answer.

River sunset jan2015.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Shouldn't have given up Marcel. Rapid fire the heck out of it!
Well, it's now too late because it's frozen and won't drip a drop. :) In reality I could have kept shooting, but I was getting tired of being rained on, plus the camera and lens were getting rained on as well.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
January 24th started with another cat picture this time with a different attitude.

chouch 24janv15.jpg

And some more icicles but with the X-10 which is really handy for close-ups.

DSCF6070.jpg