James's 52 in 2015.

James Clark

DSC_8553.jpg
tapas tea. Going to have to try this again soon as i'm not happy with the clutter in the picture. Also my flash decided that this was the perfect time to die so I had to up the ISO and drop the F down. Wanted more in focus than I have...

Oooh well trial and error I guess

James Clark

DSC_8597.jpg
belgium don't do champagne. They leave that to the french so they can concentrate on the finer things.

Little earlier than my usual efforts but im off today so this is what I decided to do (as in drink this stuff!) Have a fantastic weekend people.

Do you think the shot would have been better if the bottle was to the front? Im not sure now after taking it....

mikew_RIP

Ime normally wrong on product type shots but not sure about the OOF glass in the front,it takes the impact away for me,that could be why i never attempt them :D

Ironwood

I like the shot but think the glass on the right is out of whack.
Maybe try it on the same level as the other glass, or level with the bottle, or maybe just behind it, I am sure there is a good balance there somewhere.

James Clark

Yea, my have to revisit this shot soon and post my results.

I do have a shot to put up but just haven't had the time yet. 2 days off now though so hopeful I can get it sorted!

James Clark

DSC_8674.jpg
this is last weeks effort. as you can see its been a busy period for me but i've got some time on my hands now and can try to get out shooting again..

DSC_8719.jpg
this is me playing about today. I know its at a high ISO but I couldn't be chewed to get out my tripod, set it up and all that faf just for a test shot so i did it hand held. may try it again on a mirror instead of a black glass unit next time so you can make out the reflection and use black card to diffuse the back ground so to get a similar effect. may do that tomorrow when I have more time as my decking has just been delivered and now needs relocating to the rear of the house.

James Clark

DSC_8735.jpg
So I said it'd try it again on a mirror. So here it is. I deliberately under exposed it a tad so it kept its dark black look. Then in post processing I increased the reds and sharpened it a little so to make the edges stand out. I also repaired a paint chip on the C of ck
DSC_8740.jpg
And heres how I set it up. Computer chair, Black card art deco mirror and two studio light's (as my flash has died)

James Clark

DSC_8765.jpg
today I tried free lensing. Using my Nikon 50mm f1.8. I put the lens hood on held it backwards, with my finger I held the aperture fully open then focused by moving forwards and backwards untill I got the effect I wanted. After many shots I decided this was about the best, also with the word macro its quite apt as this is the effect I got...