Elliot's as often as I can...

Elliot87

1st attempt at HDR. Not sure what I think about this HDR but it certainly produces something different to anything I've done before.

DSC_0715.jpg

Elliot87

Thanks, there was another photographer there with a 400mm 2.8 and I think 1.4x teleconvertor, so I had major lens envy at the time but the 70-300 didn't do too badly. First time I've put the D7100 autofocus properly to the test and it was noticeably better than the D3200 with a much higher success rate.

Elliot87

This is one crazy looking pony. You never know when a great photo opportunity will show itself, this pony came out of nowhere and then pulled that face.

DSC_1870.jpg

Last edited:

Elliot87

I don't take many landscapes but decided to take a couple on a walk today. This one breaks the normal rules I guess being shot in portrait with a telephoto but I quite like the result. No doubt it could be processed better too but I'm still getting to grips with the basics there.

DSC_1825-HDR.jpg

Last edited:

RON_RIP

Well, I do not recall such a rule and even if I did, it would probably just annoy me. That is an excellent photo. @ Elliot87

Elliot87

Well, I do not recall such a rule and even if I did, it would probably just annoy me. That is an excellent photo. @ Elliot87

Maybe it's just more unconventional then. I was always taught "Rules are for fools but a wise man is guided by them". Thanks for the kind words.

RON_RIP

Well it is good to know the "rules" but remember that it is the exception that proves the rule. And pushing the envelope is how we grow our skills.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I took a photo workshop a few months back and the instructor said "the only rule is, there are no rules!".

Elliot87

I never thought I'd get a shot of a wild bird like this with a 55mm lens. This little guy hasn't learnt to fear people yet. The shot is uncropped and I got even closer than this.

DSC_2927.jpg