Elliot's as often as I can...

Elliot87

This Black Browed Albatross was also seen on the whale watching trip and is one of my personal favourites from the trip.

DSC_6512.jpg

Elliot87

Australia was great but I fell in love with New Zealand, would love to go back there on a year working visa!

Here are some that I've processed to date.

Lake Wakatipu

DSC_6721.jpg

DSC_6685.jpg

DSC_6722.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
No. 1 for me because of the position of the bike. Personally, I think the bike distracts from the scene. Just remember that my opinion really means nothing as I really don't know what works and what doesn't. I am still trying to learn.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I should have also added in my last post, I am jealous of the beautiful scenery you get to shoot. Ha! Some really nice captures of some beautiful places.

Elliot87

No. 1 for me because of the position of the bike. Personally, I think the bike distracts from the scene. Just remember that my opinion really means nothing as I really don't know what works and what doesn't. I am still trying to learn.

I should have also added in my last post, I am jealous of the beautiful scenery you get to shoot. Ha! Some really nice captures of some beautiful places.

I appreciate the feedback and I also prefer the position of the bike in the first one. I can see the point about the bike detracting from the landscape but I took a lot of landscape only shots and this one was about capturing an enjoyable bike ride in a beautiful place. It probably works better as part of a set and goes with the photos posted above it.
I agree it is a truly stunning place and I wish I could have spent more than a week there. I'm seriously considering applying for a 1 year visa to go back and work there whilst exploring some more.

Elliot87

The Takahe, a very rare and large member of the rail family. Thought to have been made extinct in 1898 when the last four known specimens were taken, it was rediscovered near Lake Te Anau in 1948. Captive breeding, reduction of deer numbers which degrade their habitat and control of predators like stoats are ongoing conservation efforts aimed to secure the future of this slow breeding, flightless bird.

I was pleased to see a few of these at Te Anau bird sanctuary and to get this shot.

DSC_6785.jpg

Takahe: land birds

Last edited:

Elliot87

Milford Sound scuba diving trip for my wife, standing on a stationary boat for me.

DSC_6945.jpg

DSC_6963.jpg

New Zealand Fur Seals, arguing over the best spot.

DSC_6994.jpg

DSC_7000.jpg