D90 Pics

Ranie

Re: D90 pics

My share for today
5447541344_107e93b2cc_z.jpg

johnwartjr

Can you explain the lighting behind the model, and how you achieved the effects of it?

That is, assuming the background is some sort of lighting and not just a background or a layer?

Ranie

Can you explain the lighting behind the model, and how you achieved the effects of it?

That is, assuming the background is some sort of lighting and not just a background or a layer?

John
This is a composite picture. Background courtesy of my neighbors christmas lights deliberately shot out of focus.
Model was shot indoors with 3 lights set-up. 2 SB900 on each side with flags and 1 SB900 inside 2ft x 2ft softbox about 2 ft slightly above in front model.
triggered by CLS
Merge on photoshop CS3

Shots like this can be achieved not doing a composite .
Example:
4218590703_637e52295d_z.jpg
I shot this on the side of the road wide open (F2.8)
This is SOOC, no edits. Watermarked only
2 light set-up. 1 SB900 in umbrella white, 45 degrees upper right over model, 1 SB 900 bare far left of model
triggered by CLS

jengajoh

That's a nice shot too, they all are! I need to learn how to do composite pictures. My dad wants me to do something for him and I haven't the slightest Idea how.

Ranie

That's a nice shot too, they all are! I need to learn how to do composite pictures. My dad wants me to do something for him and I haven't the slightest Idea how.

Thanks Jen, there are a lot of tutorials on the web for making composite pics.

ohkphoto

Snow White

I shot this on the side of the road wide open (F2.8)

All of your portraits are exceptional, Ranie! I absolutely love the lighting, composition and pose on this one . . . very dramatic and mysterious!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

I agree with you Ranie, Nimbus looks like a real WISE CAT.
Nice shot Jen.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Here is one that I did this morning with my D90: Just a pen taken with the Sigma 105 2.8 macro lens. Available light from the window, handheld (too lazy to get the tripod ;-)).
I like quite a bit. Seems the D90 is more forgiving than the D7000. Maybe the pixels are not so tight together.

plumeweb.jpg