Using the Nik Collection

Bikerbrent

Can you say "thank you Google" for basically killing Nik. I am glad I decided to stick with Photoshop CS6 and Nik rather than getting into the rental software with constant updates.

Fortkentdad

The link is still live but they do warn
"We have no plans to update the Collection or add new features over time." a a

but sometimes plans change - and Google is a business - maybe if they don't want to some other company will buy it from them and take this further.

I am running it on Windows 10 and although it is only listed for up to Windows 8, it does still work well.
It also does not list Corel Paintshop Pro as compatible but it is, works fine within Paintshop.

I'd download and save a copy of the download least that also disappear in time.
--------------

I have picked up a couple over time by Topaz labs (They have been free with purchase of other products in the past).

What other add ins / plug ins do you use / recommend?

Horoscope Fish

Could someone maybe please tell me where in PSCC 2017 all the files for Nik go? So I can check that I have them in the right place
The folder that contains the NIK Tools plug-in folders on my Windows 10 machine is: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Plugins/Google

In that folder are 8 sub-folders, each for a specific Nik plug-in (Color Efex Pro 4, Analog Efex Pro 2, Dfine 2 etc.)

Hope that helps!

Vixen

The folder that contains the NIK Tools plug-in folders on my Windows 10 machine is: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Plugins/Google

In that folder are 8 sub-folders, each for a specific Nik plug-in (Color Efex Pro 4, Analog Efex Pro 2, Dfine 2 etc.)

Hope that helps!

I think it will thanks :) I'm off away from home for the week. I was looking at the mess on my computer and I think When I get home I'll spend some time tracing where any NIK files may have ended up and remove the whole lot, because we all know an uninstall does not necessarily remove EVERY file or registry entry. Then I will re-install and see where the files go. I think I may also have remnants of previous PS installations pre CC, so I may just delete the whole shebang and re-install the whole lot from scratch as it may just be some silly file conflict stopping it work.

I'll let you know how I get on. Tomorrow my camera goes to get checked out after it's seawater shower. It is not working properly (no surprises there) so I need a report for my insurance company.

Vixen

My desktop died so I'm using my laptop. I don't generally like PP'ing on my laptop but.... NIK works on it with PS 2018 :cool: